MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

All Things Arty Part Two

 This week I was very fortunate to attend a botanical eco dyeing workshop on paper with @kimherringe up in the beautiful township of Maleny.

Our family friend and fellow artist Alan came with me. He and his partner have a beautiful home overlooking the Samford Valley....and what a view! I was very spoilt with a delicious dinner as well.

And whilst not a good photo in reality it was gorgeous....as we had an early start this was the sunrise from my bed.....ahhhh so lovely!
Kim was such a lovely lady, so interesting and generous with her information. 
We did 4 different styles of printing using different dips and mediums, all cooked up in a big pot. 

Each bundle was wrapped in a different manner, to achieve a different outcome.
Here are my results.....




This last one was a mirror image using a special Japanese paper. I loved the unpredictability of the outcomes....it was so exciting unwrapping your bundles to see what would appear.....and some of the details from the botanicals was amazing.
In one of the bundles we used what are known as dye blankets. Which can be used over and over....but I discovered a wonderful side bonus to this process. An imprint on the cotton covers of what was under theblanket........and you can bet I shall be using them in stitching in some way....I fancy some accordion book covers!

And I have to say that I am completely hooked and my brain has been buzzing ever since. I had a throughly wonderful time.....thank you Kim x
THE END :)
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 



12 comments:

  1. How interesting.... can it work on fabric too? I can just imagine how your brain is on overload on that... would you then draw on top of the dyed paper? I want to see where this is all going...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo jealous! I have seen beautiful papers done like this over the years (and have a little book I bought which am too scared to use lol) and have always fancied trying it. Your results are stunning and I look forward to seeing how you use them. Nice to have the fabric bonus too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating art, Michelle. It must have been a wonderful few days, in a lovely part of the world. Every piece is beautiful, and I look forward to seeing what you do next.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fascinating to see how each different technic turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting day out you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the pieces look absolutely delicious...
    So pleased to hear you had a wonderful day and now full of inspiration again...xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is perfect for you now - a new path to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just amazing Michelle. When I saw it over on Ig I just loved it & thought Yes that workshop would be a bit of me I think! I love your results & love the "lucky dip" that it appears to be. I have been to Maleny before - such a pretty little township. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They turned out gorgeous! What an interesting technique. I've done some yarn dyeing and I have collected some items to dye things naturally...such as avocado skins, and seeds etc. I am just wanting to start dabbling in paper crafting but I am just a beginner. What a wonderful retreat that was!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle wow what fun you had and I love your finished product ,I look forward to seeing what you make with them ,and so lovely that you enjoyed your stay with Allan and his partner,the views are beautiful,take care my beautiful friend 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is all so fascinating. What a great workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever. Some lovely unexpected results.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.