MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Easter Catchup and Extras

 Hello everyone. It's a bit late but I hope you all had a lovely Easter. 

Mine was spent with family and we had a very nice time together. Even though all these firsts are very difficult, we are determined to celebrate all these family times that my husband loved. So in light of that I dusted off all my Easter treasures and put them on display.
As my lovely family refused to let me prepare anything for our family get together I decided to put together an Easter cake....it was made with store bought everything....although I did grow the little orchids.....and it was a hit! I thought if it tastes ordinary at least it looks pretty lol! As my close friends and family know and you may have guessed I was in the next room when cooking prowess was distributed! 


How a chocolate coma hasn't eventuated with my delicious gifts is anyone's guess! My dear Daughter in Law gave me the cute mug and matching plate.
My Daughter has been teaching herself to crochet over the last little while and she made this cute little rabbit for me. Her interest is in the Amigurimi crochet animals. I think she is doing really well.
I also spent quiet time reading this interesting book. I am becoming a fan of this author. 
My stitching has consisted of lots of bits and pieces for both SALs and I also found a large pile of blocks from the Love and Hugs from Australia SAL. So I am only a few blocks from finishing them so they are now in the mix......the latest four of those.....
Two are my designs (some blocks didn't fit in with what I envisaged) and two from the SAL. I have 2 more left plus a label to stitch for this project. Thank you Lorel for the reminder that I had this project lol!
Gossip in the Garden stitching consists of Dresden Plates.....with one ring in.
A teapot full of weeds....
And the stitchery centres for the Dresden plates.....

Owl and Hare has been lots of prep work. I have sewn the Hare and Hexie block with a slightly wonky scrappy circle but after all the work it's staying! Also one of four hexie blocks. 
So that's it for the stitching side of things. 
My Daughter took this photo of me yesterday.....enjoying a much needed hit of caffiene and cake after yet another harrowing and time consuming interaction with one of our financial institutions! They like having your money but don't want to give you any service.....anyway we did eventually get a lovely helpful lady be as helpful as her position allowed so grateful and all that!
Well that's me all caught up. I  am off to clean up the mess this very naughty visitor is making on my paths......digging out all my leaf mulch looking for worms for breakfast! 
He's a juvenile Scrub Turkey. In 40 + years we have never had one in our garden. He is a right royal pain. My paths are strewn with leaf litter and soil every morning! As are some of my plants! They are protected....not that I would harm him but he did get a blast with the hose yesterday. For my overseas friends, the males gather leaf litter and make huge mounds for the females to lay their eggs in. She then exits the scene. Dad then keeps watch over the nest,  testing regularly to ensure the inside of the mound is the correct temperature to hatch the eggs. 
This bloke isn't mound making....thank goodness!  There is no room in my small garden to make one. But he is very messy looking for his breakfast....sigh *
Ok! Be kind to one another.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 









6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you as well. I'm sure it is difficult, as you mention, in this year of firsts without your beloved husband. Your chocolate Easter cake looks amazing! As always, I enjoy seeing your stitchery projects, all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh your Easter decor is gorgeous Michelle. I adore the mug & plate your daughter in law gifted you & that crochet rabbit is delightful. I have always wanted to try that style of crochet. Your dresdens are just stunning. Enjoy the weekend Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely catch up Michelle. Great gifts - I really could not get on with those amigurimi animals (never hated anything so much haha) - so very envious of anyone who perseveres. Beautiful work under your needle as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks lovely. Had to smile at the cuddle bunnies as i have that set too. :) Lovely projects. The little crochet bunny is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your easter looks as fun as it could be my friend.... glad you got lots of time with family. Beautiful sewing and I am impressed with the amigurimi bunny....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to see your decorations out for Easter. And the cake looks delicious. A special way to get together with family.
    Love the crochet bunny.
    Looks like you are getting a fair bit done with your stitching, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.