MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Down the Rabbit Hole

 Hello friends. I had hoped to be back here before now but there is still a lot going on in the background. Life is just messy sometimes!

Do you ever find yourself travelling along nicely with your projects and then...wham! You spy something delightful and down the rabbit hole you go! I follow an incredibly talented lady called Louise May Watson on IG. She is artist, nature lover and stitcher (no wonder I love her posts) anyway she makes these gorgeous little accordion books. Stitched covers and a little drawing on each page. Well I have been itching to have a go! Soooo down the rabbit hole I went.....

My stitched covers, front and back! I chose my own little Wren design to stitch for the front cover. I stitched on a piece of Osneberg fabric I found. 


The inside....accordion surprise! These were made from leftover strips of watercolour paper from other projects. Great to use them up.....being a bowerbird comes in handy sometimes! Lol!
Drawing close ups....



I also made the drawings Australian nature. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed combining stitching and drawing. I am very keen to do another and tweak the construction of the book and think about my drawings a bit more. I wasn't happy with my tie for the book but I will work on that!
I also did this little drawing after waking at "sparrow fart" as us Aussies say again the other morning....
More art sorry folks! My Daughter's school has a gorgeous resident therapy dog called Norman and his Mum is so dedicated to bringing assistance and joy to the students at the school. Norman is much beloved by all who know him. So my daughter and I colluded and I did a pastel drawing of Norman as a surprise......
Here's Norman with his portrait....
He's a beautiful boy.....
Here he is waiting at the tuckshop for his pupsicle....
With my Granddaughter on his birthday......we LOVE you Norman xxx
Ok! There HAS been sewing. I am happily making progress on my Gossip in the Garden quilt that I am stitching with friend Fiona...bubzrugz
First block done....
And some EPP bits and bobs.....

I am currently working on the centre block and hexagoning in between.
Well that's me done! I'm off to my newsagent to collect my Homespun magazine and decide whether another friend is going to lead me astray with their 2023 BOM....I suspect she just might.
Take care lovely people.....hug your tribe!

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 
















14 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Michelle, your book is beautiful and contains stunning drawings. Love your pastel of Norman, he is just as gorgeous in real life! Very nice first block and all your epp bits are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Michelle - your accordion book is gorgeous! What a lovely way to show your art. Norman is a gorgeous doggo, I would give him a pat if I lived closer. Your blocks are so pretty, I shall see if you or Fiona gets there first....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love you gorgeous drawing and they look great in your accordion book.
    Perfect portrait of Norman.
    Lovely Gossip in the Garden blocks and did your start the new BOM????

    ReplyDelete
  4. You art is amazing, Michelle! The stitched covers of the accordion book are gorgeous. I so enjoyed reading today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning accordion book you stitched/crafted, Michelle. And that portrait is so beautiful too. You are blessed with so much creativity and talent. Thank you for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dog Norman is, I'm sure he and his Mum were thrilled with your portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much loveliness to see.... now I understand how you used the stitched covers for the accordian book (duh took me a while!) love the bits for Gossip that you have done...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a beautiful little book Michelle. I picked up the tern sparrow fart from a friend some years ago and always wondered where it came from as it is not used here in UK. I wonder where he got it from - too late to ask now though. Anyway lovely work on your Gossip in the Garden and the Dresden and hexies are soooo pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The accordion books are a wonderful idea. As you say, a great way to combine stitching and drawing. What a lovely result.
    Norman looks like a delight! Another wonderful idea to use in a school. Your portrait is fantastic.
    And in amongst all this you squeezed in some stitching. All projects are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to combine your love of art and stitching. Norman looks very loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the book, your drawings are also so beautiful...Norman is adorable, what a lovely idea to do his portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful array of projects. Hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work my friend ,love the drawing of Norman well done 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a fun rabbit hole to go down. A terrific way to showcase your art. Norman's portrait is gorgeous. You really captured him well. I'm admiring your Gossip, but still haven't started mine. One day......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.