MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Busier than a Bee

 Hello there. Well I have had a very busy time. Filled to overflowing with friends and fun.

I had a lovely houseguest for a week.....our very own blogging friend Shez.

Another lovely friend Wendy of FNSI fame came to my town to visit family. So before we knew it a bloggers meet up was organised and the fun began.
First on the agenda was to introduce Shez to my dear friends in my stitching group. Such special women in my life......
Lorel, our hostess was kind enough to share some of her gorgeous work with us. Don't you just love admiring friends quilts....I never tire of it! Lorel and I are stitching the new Homespun BOM together. It was a lovely day .
We had our arms twisted to enjoy a little (a lot) of retail therapy by Susan and Wendy! 
Such great fun......treats were also consumed from time to time! I squashed mine when Wendy came to visit so definitely wasn't photo worthy lol!
Finally our big meeting day arrived and we took over a corner of a local club. A very obliging venue I have to say.
......lots of lovely friends, giggles,and smiles....
And perhaps a bit of nonsense lol!
Sadly after this fun day I came down with a nasty lurgy so no more partying for me. I was disappointedto miss this months Sunday Stitchers but thankfully Shez and Wendystill got to visit thanks to lovely Susan xx......but coughing,  wheezing and sneezing aside....... I had a wonderful time.
Shez also gifted me one of her gorgeous Clutch bag sets.....
Complete with a sweet bee zipper charm. How spoilt am I! 
When my dear hubby and I visited Shez on one of our trips she got us hooked on her delicious homemade pickled beetroot. She popped a jar in of this for me too.....yum! NOT SHARING!
Now whilst I will admit to a lot of chatting, there was also a lot of stitching done. 
Lots of progress on Gossip in the Garden bits!
Before my friend arrived I got my Friends Hearts top together to give to the lovely Fiona to work her magic on.

It looks so lovely in real life.....very special to me.
Happy birthday to my dear friend Fiona today xx

Missing my lovely houseguest this week too. Thanks to all the wonderful women who made the week so much fun.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 












10 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend I had the most amazing time with you and have much gratitude to you and Susan for making it a memorable week.
    I have enjoyed seeing your beautiful work up close and you have filled me up with inspiration.
    I feel very blessed to have caught up with so many friends in Brisbane and also making new ones in your beautiful sewing group,my heart is full Michelle ,luv you heaps 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time spent wit friends is the best time, Michelle! Love seeing those beautiful quilts.....hmmm, there's a heart I recognise. Your quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time you all had! And a special houseguest too. Lovely to spend time with such supportive friends, lots of laughs - and shopping!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends, friends and more friends, such lovely times together. Sorry to read you have picked up a bug of some sort, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A busy fun week for you - got to see and do heaps.... I loved our lunch together - lots of laughs and hugs.... well done with all those hexies and thanks for my special birthday message and gifts...x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful Michelle. I'll bet Shez was a fun houseguest to have. Looks like you girls had a great time together. I love everything you are working on Michelle 💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Qué publicación tan maravillosa, un encuentro de amigas y labores preciosas. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a girls get together.....fun, laughter, friendship and some stitching. The best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good for you to have good friends around you, wonderful smiling happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm finally doing a catch up on comments, as I can only get them to go through on my desktop but not my ipad. You girls all look to have had so much fun when Wendy and Shez were in town.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.