MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Hello August

 

Hello friends. Well I have added a page in my "older and wiser woman's book" since I posted last. The beautiful flowers are from my Daughter and family. I had a pretty quiet day as both children and their families were ill....one family really ill with covid, the other a nasty respiratory bug. So....what to do to celebrate? Eat cake with my beloved of course! Our favourite.....Belgian chocolate cake....so good!

I received lots of lovely messages and cards from friends.
Two gorgeous handmade gifts from dear friends too! Very spoilt! Friend Shez and my hubby always had a deal....to make me wait until the day to open my parcel with no squishy feels. I was determined to be good even though hubby couldn't keep me on the straight and narrow. In fact I was so good.....I forgot that I had it lol! So that was an extra surprise lol! Anyway.....inside..... a beautiful zippy pouch, gorgeous fabric and...um...there were chocolates! Not sure where they went. So pretty....
Thank you Shez xx
I was in awe of my friend Fiona's beautiful stitching on this gorgeous wallet for my Cottage Garden threads AND it came with 8 new threads.....

Even the back is beautiful.....quilted as only Fiona can! 
I quickly filled it up.....much, much nicer than the ratty old plastic container I stored them in!
Thank you my clever friend  I just love it xxx
What have I been stitching? Another Postcard has hit the pile!
This one bought back loads of great memories as I stitched it......big fat prawns from the Gulf of Carpentaria, blue salmon dinners from hubby's fishing trip, flocks of brolgas wading and fishing the billabongs. We experienced beautiful sunsets out over the Gulf. Met orphaned kangaroo joey Norman (named so because he was found around Normanton) at a Christmas in July dinner that left us stuffed to the gills, as the saying goes! Kurumba was one of those "let's just go" places that were part of our travels....and we were delighted we did! I hope you'll excuse my indulgence of a trip down memory lane....





My other little project was another framed hexie runner for my Daughter in law this time. Another Jocelyn Proust designed fabric.....

You may remember the New Zealand Tui bird I drew for the personal care nurse who took such wonderful care of my husband when he was at home. Well I finally got to give it to her last week and I am so pleased.....she loved it!
Deb is one of the loveliest and most caring  humans on this planet! We will be forever grateful that she walked through our front door! Her smile, wit and humour brightened many a dark day for both of us....
I should have mentioned this at the beginning but hey ho! The week before my birthday my Daughter and I had an early birthday outing. We went to see the movie Where the Crawdads Sing based on the book of the same name. I really wanted to see it but being a bookworm and loving the book so much I was concerned that I would be disappointed. Happily that wasn't the case and we both loved it! So we celebrated after with some book buying and a delicious afternoon tea.....
Such a lovely day out....it's been sooooo long!
Well my  friends I shall go before you're bored rigid.......
BTW.....wattles out......beautiful! 
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 














11 comments:

  1. Your posts are never boring Michelle, you received beautiful flowers and gifts for your birthday. I hope the family are much better now. Love the postcard and it is great to see the reminiscing photos. Lovely to see your tui going to a great home, good to see you had a day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Slightly late) best wishes for your birthday, Michelle! Love your 'memory lane' holiday snaps.....and what a wonderful gift for your wonderful nurse, I'm sure she will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another post brim full of beautiful photos of wonderful things. Belated Happy Birthday and here's to many more!! That is a wonderful painting you did and beautiful hexie mat. Such talented fingers you have, Michelle. Speaking of which, I posted about my Basket Case finish in my Aug 2 post with shout out to you, of course. It is hanging on my wall in our den, a reminder of your talent and inspiration half way around the world from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see your birthday goodies, and sending you belated birthday wishes. The wattle tree in flower is always such a wonderful sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely post full of news... I loved your holiday snaps and stories...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Michelle ... belated birthday wishes & some gorgeous handmade gifts there!! I enjoy eating cake too!! I have been able to read blog posts but not comment due to our computer crashing - I can read on my phone but not comment. It was frustrating.
    After you mentioned about the Crawdads movie on Instagram I girlfriend & I went along & it was just wonderful - very much enjoyed it & I agree with you that they did justice to the book version. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm that cake looks good! Lovely gifts from Shez and Fiona - bullion knots too, a special friend indeed! Such lovely memories for your postcard. I really must read that book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts are always full of "lovelies". I am currently listening to that book while sewing and cannot wait to find out the end. Glad to hear that the movie was not disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, your birthday celebrations were all over the place, but still very special.
    Belated birthday wishes to you. Covid still seems to make a good job of interfering with our plans.
    I am also pleased to hear about your thoughts re the Crawdad's film. I love the book and am happy to know you enjoyed the film too. Hoping to go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday. Its too bad you weren't able to celebrate with your family. I hope that they are all better now. I am glad you were able to enjoy the day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow 50th our very precious. Congratulations. Your works is as always so beautiful.
    Mon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.