MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

 Hello folks, 2 posts in the one month....my goodness! I thought the fact that my husband and I celebrated our golden anniversary this month was cause to mark the occassion. As he wasn't allowed real bubbles we swapped for some ginger beer in our best crystal glasses and his request.....Belgian chocolate cake with fancy plates and serviettes. 

It seems like yesterday that this was us.....

But so blessed we got to celebrate together although in a much simpler form than we had planned.....the photo above is my absolute favourite wedding photo of us.
Our littlest Granddaughter finally got to have her belated birthday party....due to covid, moving house Etc. Etc. Just had to share this phenomenal cake made by DD friend.....
Don't you just love how clever people are.....Miss E. Didn't quite know where to put the knife in to cut it lol!
As you can see she is a cat fan and celebrated at the Cat Cafe....with real furries and all things feline!
On the stitching front I have 3 more postcards to add to the pile....
The 3rd one has a little tale....you can see there is a rooster in the corner?? We were sightseeing all of the waterfalls in the area.....stopped at one called Elinjaa falls. We were then harrassed by a rooster in the carpark....it was hilarious.....nobody for miles....so just had to add him!
Here is our cranky mate and his girlfriend!
We did concede the falls were something to crow about lol!
Heartstrings is finally all hand quilted and bound ......

Label is on.....I used a sweet doiley gifted to me from friend Julie....and that's all I can show you until we reveal our little quilts for Sunday Stitchers! 
Augusts #tagroulettehannemade is done....
This month we revisted tags 9, 24 and 48.
No. 9 - A gift given. I used pearls and commerated our golden wedding anniversary....my dress was embellished with ribbon and pearls.
No. 24 - was tatting which you can see above.
No 48 - was sheath stitch....
Hope I have enough room for 4 more months....
My Rainbow Bee-eater is slowly progressing.
Lots more darks to go in......something I always have trouble being brave about!
As you know I am a proud member of the Queensland Wildlife Artists Society. Covid nearly saw us fold but some hard-working and dedicated members have kept us a float. It was decided before all the world went crazy we would update our name badges.
Mine arrived in the post last week.....love it!  Especially as it features my favourite bird the Pale-headed Rosella....
It means so much to me....not in an egotistical way.....to see ARTIST next to my name. It's all I ever wanted to be since childhood. When people asked me as a child what did I want to be when I grew up, it was always my answer! But never thought it possible because I only liked to draw and not particularly paint. And artists only painted so I thought....but here we are. Making art with coloured pencils. Makes my heart very happy. 
There is a saying "When the student is ready the teacher will appear" and that definitely happened to me.....you are never to old to see a dream come true.
Well enough of this high brow palaver....I have a busy day ahead.....organising a hospital visit for my hubby.
An art friend shared this with us and it gave me a giggle.....
You just need to know your colour wheel lol! Oops!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 





14 comments:

  1. Happy 50th wedding anniversary. Quite an achievement. That birthday cake looks amazing. Beautiful stitching and artwork as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crayons are too funny! Happy anniversary to you and your lovely hubby, Michelle....at least you were able to celebrate with bubbles. That cake is the cake to end all cakes! Your lovely stitching and art - yes, you are an artist for sure - is always beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, nice one!
    So glad you got to share your wedding anniversary, the cake looks delicious and what a stunning cake for Erin!
    More nice postcards and pretty work on your tag roll, lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A golden anniversary is definitely a blog postable event..... big congrats to you both. Well doen with your quilt finish... looking forward to the reveal of them all. took me a while to get the coloured pencils cartoon... ooops.... lovely postcards and cheeky cockerell!... big hugz...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. amazing cake for Erin....x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did my almost finished comment disappear too? Best wishes on your Golden Anniversary and so nice to see photos of you both as a young couple. You are definitely an "Artist", your skills are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post Michelle. Happy
    Anniversary to you both!!! Love the wedding pics. Love your Heartstrings quilt sneaky peek - so pleased the doiley was useful to you. Amazing cake for Erin .... a cat cafe??? Sounds like just the sort of place I would want to visit!! 😉😉 Congrats on the badge & well deserved too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 50th wedding anniversary....that's a long time... Lots of pretty stuff happening there (as usual)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you back. Congrats on your special day. Lots of lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Michelle, on a very special anniversary. It is lovely that you and hubby could celebrate 50 years together in your own special way. That cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your finished Heartstring Quilt. Looking forward to see it soon. Congratulations also for your Anniversary, beautiful Wedding pictures. Erin received an awesome Birthday cake. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was lovely catching up with you Michelle. I missed blogging while away but a common thread is that this year is flying by. It will be Christmas before we know it. Take care...xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 50th to you both, quite a mile stone.... a wonderful post, it is always a pleasure to read your posts....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.