MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Simple Joys

 Good morning friends. As I was preparing to write this post this morning sitting on my front verandah, enjoying looking out over my mismatched and slightly wild garden a beautiful feathery visitor alighted on the railing in front of me. The Kookaburra was looking for breakfast down in my garden....after a quick eye to eye with me to ensure I was no threat.....

He set about ignoring the human and concentrating on the garden below....

Such a privilege when wildlife choose to visit your garden and utilise man-made items to their advantage. He/she was so beautiful and in such great condition. It definitely made my morning.
So back to my post.....over the weekend I put the last stitch in the final applique block for Where We Love Is Home quilt. 
Assembly of the bottom sections got underway.
I finally have all the sections together. 
The big house block and quote was what originally hooked me when I saw the pattern.

I thought I had enough fabric in my stash for the first border but didn't realise it was the same fabric as one of the blocks at the top and it didn't look right....
So trying to find a lighter border with a little pattern so as to still highlight the scrappy crosses is proving a little bit of a challenge......
A lot of head scratching still happening.
I had a request last week from eldest Grandson to make a cat loving friend of his a cat themed birthday card....I made his Mum one with this new die and he thought it would be perfect.....so colour choice was made.....
And approval given......very easy.....a bonus for this very novice card maker.
Speaking of things feline.....Queen Athena's portrait that I showed you in an earlier post is finally finished and has been snaffled by youngest Granddaughter for her room.
This is my Daughter and Queen Athena...pleased with her portrait lol!
2 more pages in my little drawing note book....loved this scruffy bluefaced honeyeater. 
And the beautifully coloured Rainbow Bee-eater.....I love seeing them in the wild further north....they are like little flashes of neon lights.

Gifts from our kind children brightened our week.....as attending live music is not an option for us now....our Son and DIL bought us some merchandise from a show they recently attended of two of our favourites....T shirt for hubby and book for me!
Our Daughter had these sunshiney gerberas delivered when we arrived home from hospital treatment....so gorgeous! 
Our Granddaughter was wearing the best message of the week for Harmony Day.....shame it's not a sentiment shared by all in the world....but we must keep trying!

 Ok! Time to put the kettle on. Coffee and a Tim Tam for me. I am a little partial to the salty caramel variety these days.......Kooka is still looking out over the garden so I will leave him to it! Hoping you find some simple joy in your day today.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 














13 comments:

  1. Good morning my lovely friend ,oh your kookaburra Is gorgeous I used to see them all the time in my other house and I would always stand and watch them and there beautiful colourings.
    Love Miss E t shirt yes a good quote for the world to live by.
    Oh your at drawing is amazing and so like like ,well done ,good to see Liss .
    Sending both you and Gazza a big hug ,enjoy your day and take care 💕🤍💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new friend Kooka is beautiful....they are such characters. Well done on finishing your applique, and your beautiful paintings! We should send Miss E's shirt slogan to everyone in the world right now, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have the kooka come for a visit. Miss E's shirt is wonderful. Great flowers and gifts from the family. Your quilt blocks are beautiful as are your bird drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden glimpses Michelle - perfect for that little bird to forage in. He is gorgeous. Where We Love Is Home is looking lovely, I am sure you will solve the border problem. Queen Athena's portrait is amazing! How on earth do you manage to get the fur looking so beautiful! Nothing nicer to brighten your day than flowers - I had roses from an unexpected visitor yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this feathered friend becomes a regular visitor. They are very special. This one obvious thinks your garden is a perfect place for a meal.
    Lovely work on your quit top. Great to see it all together and looking wonderful.
    And Queen Athena does look very regal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your quilt Michelle. We sometimes see kookaburras - but have 4 magpies who come and sing to us frequently during the day - looking for food of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple joys to warm your heart! It's always so nice to see birds in the garden. And I love the cat portrait, together with your beautiful birds, you are certainly a very talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh the kooka is amazing Michelle ... I agree with you, its wonderful to have the wildlife come to the garden. Your quilt looks stunning - I just adore it. And I think you are a little more than a novice card maker going by that!! Your portrait of Queen Athena is stunning - I think they are called Tuxedo cats when they have the black/white markings like that. My Blackie looks very similar. Your children are very kind & considerate Michelle. Happy Wednesday to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely post with all sorts in it.... your cat picture is gorgeous and lovely to do special cards for grandies.... Totally love how your quilt is looking....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely relaxing post. Love your feathered companion and your beautiful drawings, especially the cat. Your cat card is aweesome! Yes, I am a cat girl lol. Lovely stitching. Are there any Tim Tams left ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice newsy post. I love the fabrics you have used in your quilt. Did you see yesterday, that Anni is closing her bricks and mortar shop and just having an on line store and going to shows. Very sad for us locals and those who included it in travel plans. Your latest artwork is lovely. How nice to have Kooks visit and lovely gifts received.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice bird visitor in the morning. Must have made your day. So great to see the finished quilt part. This is such wonderful work. Lovely colors and all the beautiful applique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post to read, after soo much time away from blogs.Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.