MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, December 19, 2021

December Roundup

 

I thought I would share a post before Christmas is upon us. Another long epistle folks! Sorry but this seems to be the way of things these days. 

Santa's helper has delivered some very cute and  festive mail from friends across the land.

All gorgeous. Thank you Karen (Sunburnt Quilts) Sue (Kiwikids Page) Liz and Maria (Life on the Block)
My friend Sue in the UK added to my Beatrix Potter collection again this year with this sweet card.....adorable!
I missed a lot of my usual festive gatherings but did manage to go to lunch with my sewing friends earlier in the month and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it.
Love, laughter and spoiling took place.
Luckily I had gotten an early start on my Secret Santa before our life turned to *#%#
I loved the fabric and decided it needed to be the star.....so I  made a Hexie table centre.
Once again I enjoyed stitching ornaments for friends and family. 

And had my first attempt at making some Christmas cards.....simple but effective was the limit of my abilities. 
We are fortunate enough to have a beautiful Kiwi expatriate that pays a weekly nursing visit to hubby.....last week she gave us some very cute Christmas ginger cookies....which were soooo delicious! 
I couldn't make it to the Sunday Stitchers Christmas breakup this year. But these wonderful ladies sent a lovely Elf called Alison to my door with beautiful treats and gifts from them all. So special and so kind!

At Sunday Stitchers we were taking part in a SAL of Heartstrings by Natalie Bird. Our tops were to be completed by the Christmas party.  I made the deadline but not the gathering.
So here is my version.....mid hand quilting.
I did my own thing on the final border as anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big fan of machine piecing.
I placed a EPP heart in each corner....
2 little birds, a heart, Heartstrings and Hexies and Hexie flowers for the top border.
Repeated the same for the bottom border but excluded the heart for the cute pincushion. 

Side borders were similar but with a single hearts and little birds.
The target now is to have it quilted and bound my next Christmas! 
Some milestones in our family too....our youngest grandson finished Primary school and is off to High school next year.....my oh my! Where did that little boy go? He cut quite the dashing figure at his graduation.....red shirt and red shoes.....

His little sister had her first dance concert and did an excellent job....
Yesterday my dear friend and hairdresser extraordinaire, Katie came and gave Hubby,  Dear Daughter, Youngest Granddaughter and yours truly some Christmas hair styles....I was boring and had the same do. What can I say.....why change what you love.....but the other girls decided on big change and  had all their long tresses cut off and they look fab!
Ok I have waffled long enough. If you stayed until the end, thank you....I do have tags to share with you but as there is only one more to go I shall save them all for next time. 
I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and the hope you get to spend it with those who are the most important to you.
Stay safe and well.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 













17 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts both received and gifted.
    Your "Heartstrings" is lovely and well done with the finished flimsy.
    Nice dos!!!
    Great photos of the two GC. They do grow up so quickly.
    Enjoy your Christmas ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely, Michelle......so are your cards! They grow so quickly, don't they? Best wishes to you and your family for a Christmas full of love, peace and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a busy time for you, Michelle. Lots happening.
    I am impressed that you managed to get all those decorations made and of course they are gorgeous.
    Your quilt is looking wonderful.
    You are right about the grandies growing up. Wow, high school!
    What a great idea to all have haircuts together. That's a bit of fun.
    Best wishes to you for a lovely family time for Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your Heartstrings quilt... beautiful and lovely cards and gifts sent and received.... please teach me to make those round ornies ... please become my ornie designer ... please please pretty please.... big loves to all of you....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of eye candy here today Michelle. I love all your gifts, both given & received.
    Your grandson looks so grown up & handsome in his new uniform. Those years go by so fast! Wonderful haircuts! Wishing you all a happy & safe festive season Michelle. xxx 🖤

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of beautiful photos Michelle. I always enjoy seeing your Christmas decorating and crafting.
    Hope you have a safe and happy christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your December recap, Michelle. Your Heartstrings quilt is amazing! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michelle what a beautiful post. Everything is gorgeous..you know how I love Christmas. You have been a very busy lady. I can't believe a Grandson in high school. Whete did those years go. I visited my new Great Grandson Tyler John a couple of days ago. He was born on the 13th in Hervey Bay. He has two sisters Peyton and Melody. Oh they are so precious. I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and may 2022 be a good year. Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my beautiful friend I always enjoy seeing your beautiful work ,well done and it is lovely seeing you being spoilt.
    I just wanted to wish you and your beautiful family a Merry Christmas and a happier and safe New Year,sending lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, where do I start! Beautiful heartstrings - such a shame you missed the gathering but lovely gifts. Lovely mail and such pretty little white decorations.
    I think you did a great job with those Christmas cards - very stylish.
    Wishing you and all your family a very Happy Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful gifts given and received Michelle.
    Wishing you and Hubby a very happy Christmas filled with family and lots of love and joy.
    May 2022 be kind to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice festive post. Wishing you and all your family a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely enjoyable post Michelle, so many beautiful gifts made and received. Wonderful to have fresh haircuts by a special person.
    Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a peaceful safe New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Michelle. Your Heartstrings quilt looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little Christmas gifts are so lovely.
    Seems you got a fair bit done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your version of Heartstrings Quilt...good choice with the outer border (I like yours better!)...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post Michelle xx oh and I love your Heartstrings quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.