MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Christmas 2021

 Hello friends. I do hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas celebration with loved ones. After an emergency hospital visit for my 93 year old father-in-law days before Christmas, we were able to be all be together at our Sons home and had a really lovely day......all our favourite dishes, happy smiling kids, loads of laughter and love....oh and a Santa gift or three.

This motley crew are the dearest in my heart......

Since then Hubby and I have been very quiet....he watching the Cricket and I finishing off the 52tagshannemade challenge and with my pencils.

Our last tag of the year was a Macrame Christmas tree.....I really enjoyed trying this technique. 


So finally its a wrap.....challenge complete! It is not a great photo but here they all are!


Oops forgot to show the preceding tags lol!
Tag 49 - Captured Memories.  All the beautiful wild places I have been fortunate to have visited with my husband was what I wanted to capture. I  chose a feather collected on a bush walk as the centre piece.
Tag 50 - Circles....a combination of suffolk puffs, button and applied circles!
Tag 51 - Wreath.  I only did a half a wreath as I wanted to feature Aussie designer Barb Smiths cute Santa button. We also could cut a frame for our wreath which I did with red cardboard....
In my art group, Sandra our teacher and mentor set us a challenge. We all received a plain laser cut shape in our Christmas card with instructions.....
I was still in Christmas decoration mode so that  is what I made.....for my Christmas tree. I sprayed the shape with glitter, added a button and stitched it to a felt set of ovals. 





And I have also spent a little time both before Christmas and after with my pencils. The first, as a collector of Royal Doultons Old Country Roses, when teamed with a sweet Robin was irresistible to me.....

Lastly, a Pale-headed Rosella. These shy birds visit my bird feeder several times a day.....sometimes they just perch on my verandah railing and rest. I really love them.  I have never been able to snap a suitable reference photo but thankfully a lovely friend gifted me one. I have set the bird in low dead branches with seeded grasses close by.....their favourites. 

Well I have still managed to waffle on even though I had planned on a quick post....lol!
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, prayers and comments this year. I have appreciated every single one. I have had some lovely comments from a lady called PAM...sadly I couldn't respond to your comments as they came up as a no reply blogger.....I have had several like this. Please know I appreciated your comments also.
I have no plans or  expectations for the upcoming year. More time with my beloved will be my dearest wish.
So friends......I wish you good health and happy stitching.
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you and
The pure light within,
Guide your way on. 
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 









11 comments:

  1. What a lovely 'last post' for the year, Michelle - love seeing your pretty work, and your beautiful paintings! Best wishes for New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Michelle - the birds are beautiful. Sending my love and very best wishes for 2022. Lin
    PS We are not talking about the cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful artist you are, Michelle. The tags are absolutely incredible, each one a little masterpiece. I really love the Captured Memories, exquisite. Then your birds, they are just amazing. The pale Rosella is one of my favourites, just beautiful. Wishing you much more time with your beloved, Michelle. Much love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you had such a lovely Christmas day with your family Michelle. I love your gorgeous art work, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely post.... I love your fabulous Christmas family picture. I'm sorry Hubby didn't have much cricket to watch though!!!!! Tags are gorgeous and clever use of the cut item from Sandra. Always lovely artwork too.... I love it all - such a pretty blog to visit...xx Thinking of you lots
    HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas with your family…..
    Well done with making all those gorgeous tags..
    Beautiful drawing of the little Robin on the pretty cup and also the Rosella.
    Wishing you all the best for 2022. ๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Christmas spent with family Michelle .. & I love these quiet in-between days after all the madness & festivity.
    Your tags are beautiful - your creativeness never ceases to amaze me - I don't know how you come up with all those ideas & I love every single one of them. It must be a treat to visit inside your head ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š
    Wishing you a lovely New Year Michelle & family xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tags are small masterpieces. Best wishes to you and your family for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely art work and your tags are amazing. Great photos of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Michelle, my best wishes to you and your family for 2022! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a very special family Christmas. Well done on completing your 52 tags. How will you display/collate them now? Your latest artwork is beautiful. I saw my first pale headed rosella on our recent trip to Queensland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.