MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, May 8, 2020

Braving The Outside World

Yesterday we decided to take our lunch up to Daisy Hill forest which is less than a 5 minute drive from our home. Our closer environmental park which is usually lovely and peaceful is too busy with joggers tearing  through it constantly at present . I was hoping perhaps  it would be nice and quiet up at the forest with not too many people around and maybe we could safely get in a wander through the bush. And it was. Not too many folks around. Just lovely......how wonderful is the bush! You can feel your shoulders relax straight away.
The above is a stand of paperbacks on one of the tracks we took.
 To look up and see sky through those tall trees! Beautiful!
It is still quite dry.....only a puddle or two in the creek.
I love trees.....old ones, twisted ones....even fallen ones.
I was so happy to snap the burnt bits in this tree....I have a drawing I am doing shortly that has this....got to take a real good close up look!


The picnic area has some beautiful carved totems to encourage children to explore.
I loved this signage with the rusted iron work...

We made a new friend when we were eating our lunch....

He wasn't impressed when we didn't share......you're asked not to feed the wildlife but he was hoping we didn't read the signs.
It felt so good to come home refreshed and tired all at the same time. We are so fortunate to have this forest so close to home.
My stitching has been a little more work on my #sewalittlehappinesseveryday project.....its growing nicely and it will soon be time to decide what to do with it. I have a couple of orphan heart blocks and I saw someone else had used those around hers and I loved it....so I may borrow that idea too.


I hadn't really made a UFO list this year. I was just doing whatever took my fancy. However I did want to get back to some hand quilting when the weather got cooler.
So very shamefully I have retrieved my OLDEST UFO from its box and started back on the hand quilting.  AGAIN! I had completed 4 blocks all cross hatched work. They are large blocks....16 inches.
In hindsight I should have drawn all the lines in pencil first instead of using the tape for such large areas. As some miscalculations have been made......there are more than a few fudges and artistic licenses as a result that I cannot do too much about at this stage. You can't notice them and you would have to know where to look, so I am soldiering on! I really want this DONE as it is becoming ridiculous! I completely blame my hubby for dragging me all over Australia in the cooler months lol! That's my story anyway!
Wish me luck for enthusiasm to remain high.....and no guesses what I will be doing for "FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS"  over at CHERYLL'S tonight!
Happy stitching friends...
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

9 comments:

  1. I can well imagine how refreshed you felt from that outing Michelle. We are all a bit cooped up lately. I love all the rusty ironware. Your sew a little happiness is just SEW beautiful! I love every single thing you have stitched. Have a lovely weekend Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to be able to get out and about with nature. See you at "Cheryll's" later on tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to be able to get out and about, the walk looked wonderful. Love those totem poles and rusty signs. Your sew a little happiness is coming along well. See you later doing your hand quilting, which looks amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so looking forward to being able to get out like that next week. What a lovely place to walk - and so close to home. Your happiness project is lovely and I always love seeing some hand quilting, does look beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spot to go for a walk and enjoy a picnic as well.
    The sewalittlehappinesseachday looks a fun project to make.
    Lovely handquilting on your old UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to spend a day, Michelle......thank you for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful place for a walk such lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely spot for a walk. I hope we can do that soon, too.
    Good luck with your projects. And make good use of that creative license.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful tulip quilt! Thanks for the visit down under.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.