MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Home Again

Well all good things must come to an end....that is the way of vacations. I had a very relaxing time, making a concerted effort to have a bit of a break from the online world.....mostly succeeding. Slowing down and taking each moment as it came.
The odd treat and disappearing between the covers of 7 wonderful books was just bliss.
I also did some slow stitching, enjoying adding extra rows to my Clamshell quilt. I am over halfway now.
Lots of watching the locals and the ebb and flow of the river estuary and beach walks.
We did go a-touristing, firstly  into the hinterland to beautiful Minyan Falls.
And managed to get lost as we always do lol! But such a pretty place.
Secondly we dropped by the Byron Bay Lighthouse for coffee, cake and the views.
Some silly (me) decided it would be good to walk off our cake and go out to the point at Little Watagoe Beach......mainly stairs going down.....which meant....coming up!
Beautiful walk but I was shattered by the time I got to the carpark....and my calves screamed for days.....but I  figure you don't see things in your chair...so do it if you are able.


Hubby experienced the lament of most fishermen......only 2 keepers! So "fishy" dinners were mostly from the local fish 'n' chip shop! But I suspect paddling around in his kayak was a treasure in itself.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend.....we have birthday people.
Hubby's today and little Granddaughter early in the week.
It's nice to be back and I have lots of blog reading and news to catch up on.
There is a new Art Blog post also....HERE if the mood takes you.
I have a blog approval in place at the moment to try and combat a whole lot of spam I was getting....just in case you wondered.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle so good to have youback my friend,so glad you had a wonderful time,happy birthday to Gary ,hope you spoilt him Your clamshell quilt is looking amazing,hope you have a lovely weekend,Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is reading like a perfect holiday. I am delighted that you had such a good break and enjoyed relaxing as well as lots of walking. Hope you are feeling super refreshed and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely time away! Welcome home and happy birthday to the two birthday people :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always great to be home, sounds like a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Michelle! Looks like you had a wonderful break, and best wishes to the birthday folk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect holiday photos from your part of the world, thanks so much for sharing. Your clam shell top looks right at home in its watery setting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a wonderful time away. Your clamshell quilt is looking beautiful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see you back, your clamshells are coming along well and looking fantastic!! I can relate to those stairs at the lighthouse...son and I did it a few years ago!! Looks like you had a wo derful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful break Michelle. You sure do have some great books in your stack there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds - and looks - blissful! Glad you enjoyed your time away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great break Michelle... a lovely mix of activities & quiet times... good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. good to read you again and looks like such a great break away. well done with those long walks - well worth the screaming calves!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a nice break away to blow the cobwebs out. Clam shell quilts sure are making the rounds at the moment......yours looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you such a great time....your ckams are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! 7 books! Now that is definately a holiday. Good to see you balanced sedentary life with exercise lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your time away sounds blissful Michelle - so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much. How wonderful to have the time to read ALL those books :-) Lovely scenic photos and lovely stitching too. Happy Birthdays to your special peoples :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a good time. We just had a lovely warm few days with DD2 in sunny Brisbane so you will be enjoying much nicer weather where you are to here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back Michelle. Your holiday looks very relaxing, and the clamshells are looking fantastic. One day we will get to those gorgeous Minyan Falls - thanks for reminding me lol. Well done with the stair climb - I did a bit of Big Burleigh at Easter, and my knees were unimpressed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your break sounded wonderful - relaxing and also energetic. It also looks like your weather was WARM. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW that's a lot of book reading, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.