MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, October 3, 2024

What happened to September?

 Hello blogging friends. I cannot believe that I missed posting in September! So best catch you up on my doings. School holidays happened and as my Daughter is a teacher I enjoy a little jaunt with her. We decided to hit the op shops and had a delicious lunch after at the Camp Hill Antique Centre. They have a Cafe called the Tart Cafe. It's a very quirky place. We got a little silly...

Lunch was delicious and couldn't resist an old fashioned milk shake each.
Some treasures followed me home.



I met DD's family for sushi and ate tooo much! But we always have fun. 
Couldn't put this book down.....love this author but this tale really got me in.
Finished the binding on Where We Love is Home. Do you ever be clever and precut your binding and put it away safely and then use it for another project....so yes not the binding I intended lol! You may know lovely blogger Julie from My Threadbare Life. Well Julie gifted me a sweet little doiley featuring a cute house and I knew straight away that it had to be the label for this quilt.

This quilt means a lot because many of the blocks I stitched by my husbands side as he underwent cancer treatment. I love the sentiment of Where We Love IS Home!
I have started a new project. You know the rule...one finished....another begun *wink!
I have been mulling over a lap quilt size of slow stitching for ages, hoping to showcase some of the vintage linens I can't bear to hack up. I really must be crazy because I have dived in.
This is the first of four large blocks. 
All the pieces have been stitched down. I am a bit of a neat freak and not really a fan of the super rough look, so they have been appliqued in place. But that's just me.
The fun bit is now happening with embroidery and embellishing. I suspect that I shall be at it for a while!


I seem to have acquired a little obsession with this type of stitching. I find it incredibly relaxing and engaging deciding what I want where.
I have also completed the latest #roxysjournalofstitcheryvol6 prompt which was Lazy Summer Day.
I immediately thought of shady leaves and my sketch book and watching birds.
I thread painted a little panel of a Paleheaded Rosella....a favourite feathered friend. The panel is part of a larger one gifted by friend Shez xx
I embroidered some orange Bougainvillea and some Frangapani flowers. Added a strawberry panel....my favourite summer breakfast fruit. I then went completely mad and made a little fabric art set to pop in a little pocket!



Crazy I know!
A little peek in my real paper sketchbook. I wasn't happy with my Fungi and Leaf Litter subject that was part of a challenge I did so I reworked it a little....more satisfied now.
The garden is still giving me some Spring joy.
The Clivia is in bloom. Lots more flowers have opened up so a glorious splash of orange.
And definitely bragging about my gorgeous Orchid this year....

Well that's me caught up. I do thank you for reading until the end.
I have been blessed to have a dear friend or two who have continually supported me through lots of ugly bits and I found this quote said quite elegantly what a friend is.

Take care folks.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 














1 comment:

  1. The months speed by...how will you limit yourself to only a lap size quilt? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.