MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, June 23, 2023

Feast or Famine

 Hello friends.  Does it happen to you....there is either nothing on your dance card or it's full!  Not complaining...makes life interesting. Although a wee bit chilly here in my part of the world, the days have been glorious! So very nice to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. I've had a lovely day out with family to the other side of our beautiful Moreton Bay. A foreshore stroll was taken, some retail therapy and a delicious brunch as well.

I took myself off recently to one of my favourite spots for lunch and a bit of navel gazing and had a delightful Kookaburra keep me company.
June's Sunday Stitchers came around on the calendar. I was on morning tea duty with friend Helen. We usually like a theme.....we decided on WINTER. June being the first month of Winter down under.....it turned out well and tasted very nice too!
De had this gorgeous quilt for show and tell....oh and she also made her lovely top!
On Wednesday night my Daughter surprised me with concert tickets to see Michael Buble`. And it was fantastic....we had a great time!

The 3 seats in front of us remained empty so we had a fantastic view! And to top the night off Queensland won the State of Origin Series.....yes!!
When not gadding about I have been completing my #roxysjournalofstitchery scroll...Down the Garden Path. 

As you can see I made a little tag to finish it off.
Here's the finished piece unrolled.....




The spool was a gift from my fellow Sunday Stitcher Anita x
I am now able to focus on my BOMs....hopefully! Lol!
Artwise I have been quite busy....with 2 fairly big....for me....pieces thst I am currently working on.....a sneaky of the latest. 
So I will show you more later down the track.
My recent efforts have been directed to a project called #toondahharbourpostcard project. TOONDAH HARBOUR in our beautiful Moreton Bay is currently under threat from a proposed gigantic development....consisting of thousands of units and hundreds of boat moorings which will destroy incredibly vital habitat for critically endangered Eastern Curlew and many other migatory shorebirds species who summer here. Juvenile curlews remain here whilst the adults journey to the Artic circle to breed. The area is part of the RAMSAR CONVENTION TREATY which lists wetlands of international critical importance! But still it seems Gigantic development companies can skirt around this treaty. 
The project I have participated in is creative postcards sent to State and Federal environment ministers to try and halt this criminal destruction! If they get away with this NOTHING is off limits!
My two contributions, featuring the beautiful and amazing Eastern Curlews. 
If you feel like you want to be involved....you can draw, sew, paint a postcard. @kategorringe-smith on Instagram has details.
Hopping off my soap box now but making no apologies.
Ok I am now sitting in the dark....this novel took longer than anticipated to write lol!
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. 
Be kind to one another,
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 









13 comments:

  1. Unfortunately those developers will always try to get their way, Michelle...and councils/government will let them have it. Hopefully this one doesn't succeed. Love your beautiful stitching - and your wintery morning tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so nice to get out and about. Your embroideries and art works are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have been out & about Michelle. All of your outings looks so enjoyable. Gosh that winter themed morning tea looks delicious!! Your spool makes my heart swoon & my mouth drool 😉
    I hope the "high up folks" take notice of your efforts & the development stops - I hate all of this so-called progress that is destroying so much of our natural habitats. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots happening for sure.... beautiful scroll, I love all the texture and beginnings of a kooka. love the postcards... they are gorgeous birds - will be very sad if that development goes ahead.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scroll is breathtaking. What a lovely surprise with the concert tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to be busy Michelle and that quilt is a stunner. Love your Garden Path scroll, so beautiful. Awful how big business can weedle their way around 'the rules' Hope your lobbying pays off. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've had some lovely outings Michelle.
    love your garden path embroideries. so many details to look at.
    De's quilt is fantastic!!
    beautiful drawings too.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to have some special me time and then also having family time.
    Pretty "Down the Garden Path " stitchery.
    Beautiful drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scenery and the birds and your artwork. I hope you all win against the development company...they're shameless!
    Your stitching journal is absolutely gorgeous! What a lot of work that must have been.
    Michael Buble! I listen to him on You Tube but to see a live performance must have been amazing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the scroll is beautiful,such beautiful details,& De's quilt is glorious! Looks like cross stitch from.a distance,is there a name for the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That scroll is really interesting. I've never seen a project like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your visit with your family looks like a beautiful one...the weather looks great. Your embroidery is so pretty and I am always amazed at your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great for you to have days out and time and a place to navel gaze!! Love your Garden Path, it is so pretty, beautiful kooka drawing. I hope the development is stopped, seems money overrides all things these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.