MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, September 17, 2021

Almost A Finish

 Good morning friends. Hoping you are all well and managing to find some bright spots in these strange days. As we are staying very close to home due to hubbys immunity issues some days you do have to look harder for those sparkles.

When we could gather more freely Sunday Stitchers began Natalie Birds Heartstrings Quilt as a SAL for the group. I got really behind but last week all of the last border applique was done and attached finally. Its a sweet project and I have enjoyed the stitcheries and EPP so much.

I decided that I would like to hand quilt it and so it is now in my hoop.


Making this my night time stitching has allowed me time to get back to Where You Love Is Home quilt by Anni Downs. I have started putting the first row together as I go along.

These 2 blocks are now also together.....
And the last block in the row is what I am working on getting assembled.  Sorry its a bit gloomy here today so the pics aren't the best.
Tags are up to date with a new one due this evening.
Tag 36 - Slow Stitching in Neutrals. This was a very calming piece to work on.
Tag 37 - Fabric Weaving. I didn't embellish this tag as I wanted the weaving to be the focus.

Reading has been my other favourite past time as usual and these stories have been taken to heart. There was a lot I  loved and related to in "Thursdays at Orange Blossom House"......I have been a Yogi for many years albeit a less active one these days but still practising, I  have family who live in cane growing regions, have dedicated teachers in my family and have enjoyed the area in which the book is set.....really enjoyed it!
My current read was a lovely gift from a friend.
A biography Of Georgiana McRae. Another woman who lived an amazing life....whose artistic ambition was thorted because she was a woman. Just getting started on this one. Love diving into a new book.
In the garden the Clivia are starting to bloom....LOVE that gorgeous orange!
And another of my orchids has been putting on a show....so pretty. All my other tree orchids were blighted by a nasty Dendrobium beetle.....so very pleased to see this one managed to escape them.
Ok folks.....the kettle is on the boil.....cuppa time.
Stay safe and stay well.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 












17 comments:

  1. So much beautiful applique Michelle, your quilts and blocks are beautiful. Your tags are lovely and you have some great reading material there, you are right there is nothing better than diving into a new book. The clivia is so pretty, we have two in flower here, very special!! The orchid is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your finish and loving your new start. Love your fabric choices and such pretty stitcheries.
    My Clivia's are all flowering this year, half of them for the first time. I have some orchid envy with your gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely flowers, Muchelle.....and such pretty quilting/stitchery projects too! Those books will keep you busy for a while.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've very much enjoyed seeing those very creative tags and Your Heartstrings blocks are beauties, Michelle. I'm glad you are staying safe too and Happy Spring to you as we are now into Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so lucky to have our hobbies and friends during difficult times. Spring in the garden is a lovely time. Gorgeous projects that you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your projects are just so beautiful Michelle - gosh that woven tag is rather eye catching. You have done a wonderful job of that one with no loose ends. The selection of books should keep you busy for a wee while. Have a great weekend Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always a pleasure to visit you...
    Hope you & Mr R are doing OK.
    Stay safe...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stitching Michelle, what eye candy. All these beautiful fabrics and color combinations. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely project to work on in the evenings as is the Anni Downs one.
    Some beautiful blooms in your garden and you have a great selection of books there to read too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a challenging time for so many.... And time that you want/ need to reduce contact due to immunity issues...
    Lots of great seeing projects here.... It's a good feeling when you make some good progress on projects..... Nice mix of books.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Georgiana McCrae was a local here, 10 minutes down the road. My parents live just round the corner from the MCCrae homestead. I gifted that book to my mum and enjoyed reading it. The Briars homestead is 10 minutes from me in the other direction where Georgiana used to visit. I have been in the McCrae homestead but not the Briars one.I think her hubby may have owed money to people, that's why he kept dusappearing when visitors called in and she had to entertain them lol. It is lovely how the aborigines looked after her when she was alone. Oops, I digress. Your projects are beautiful as always. Loving your completed quilt top and look forward to seeing your quilting progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see these two quilts coming together. And another lovely tag collection. Yes, it has been a good time for book reading. I couldn't imagine a day without reading.
    Lovely to see the garden doing well, also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another lovely post, Michelle :-)
    I look forward to seeing both of your quilts finished, so pretty..
    What would we do without books?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilting, beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All so lovely Michelle. You are such a prolific stitcher. The quilts are coming along well, and the tags are so creative and beautiful. That is a pretty clivia bloom, and of course, we love our orchids :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It’s nice to see you getting back to Where You Love is Home. An appropriate quilt for the times. Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Michelle, one quilt more gorgeous than the other. Lovely finished top and what a good choice to handquilt it. Love your ochids, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.