MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, June 3, 2017

FNWF and CHOOKSHED STITCHING

I was lucky enough to have a day to please myself yesterday so I guess I had a 'Friday' rather than a Friday night with friends. CHERYLL left the key under the mat for us again, so we could still have our virtual stitch-a-long.
I started cutting out 2 1/2 inch squares for my Country at Heart Alphabet blocks.
Got almost half done....Because of my neck I can't rotary cut for too long. I then took my trusty scissors and dove into my stash to chomp some pieces to make clamshells out of....Mr.R. is whisking me off for another trip shortly and I want to work on my clamshells on the road...hence the chomping.
In my stash I found a charm pack I won in a swap a couple of years ago and it will be perfect for clamshells and I will get little pentagons out as well.
I then set about finding my squares for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge block for June. The colour is YELLOW....boy struggled with this one. Thankfully I found a couple of yellows in the part charm pack I had used in a earlier month.
This month was also bird applique time. Back to that same charm pack and we now have a green birdie.
So from just scraping in last month...this month I am ahead lol!
After a very nice day of pottering around I settled down, got cosy and continued my hand quilting on Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.
I was really pleased with my little bits of progress.
When I can over the weekend I will be stitching along in spirit with CHOOKYBLUE
The 5th birthday celebration of the Chookshed.
Today is a special day in our family too. Our youngest Grandson is having a birthday.
So we are off  to deliver hugs, gifts and birthday wishes to our little Superman.
Have a lovely weekend,
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

17 comments:

  1. Great planning, stitching and quilting. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to the young fella
    Seems you had a productive evening
    Where are you being whisked off to this time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle you are so organised,well done,your yellow blocks look great and your grandma's flower garden looks gorgeous.
    Happy Birthday to your little man,enjoy yourself with family my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly very productive girl! Hope your neck is okay. Love the thought of making clam sheels. I think they are on my to so list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could have raided my stash for yellow, Michelle.......I have *ahem* quite a lot *ahem* of yellow! Best wishes to the birthday boy for a great day. Where will you be going next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely day. What is it about yellow! I went to what I thought was my yellow box and found only oranges! I have looked everywhere but there does not seem to be a scrap of yellow anywhere. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous sewing...and a very HaPPy BirTHDaY too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very productive day lots lot lovely projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Superman has a very happy birthday. Lots happening at your place..the yellow block is very pretty..beautiful fabric you are preparing for your clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to prepping handwork for a trip. I am always having to pull together fabric and papers for my hexies! Your hexagon quilt is looking great. Makes me consider hand quilting mine. Hope your grandson's birthday was extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely weekend you had...nice variety of projects happening there Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was nice to have met you at Cheryll's ! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great weekend, Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. prep work does take time too and would hate for you to run out a stitching while away........maybe the lucy box could make it into the van????? She loves travelling........mine has done thousands and thousands of kms..........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed your post Michelle...love the hexie quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.