MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, October 10, 2026

October Bits and Pieces

 Hello folks....this will be a bit of a jump around kind of post. Some bits are to record just for me. So indulgence on my part...but here we go.

Even though I don't participate in Halloween Dear Daughter and Granddaughter and I trotted off to see Practical Magic 2...loved the first one and I really fancied seeing the sequel on the big screen as well. I am a big fan of Sandra Bullock, Diane Weiss and Stockard Channing. I enjoyed it but as with a lot of sequels it lacks a certain something. But we had fun together.


My little Brother called in for a visit this week and brought along an instrument he made for his great niece...Miss E. It's a Peruvian box drum called a CAJON. She was over the moon. It makes different tones depending where you hit it with your hands. Simple execution but so effective.


He's very clever....he made a cigarbox guitar for my husband years ago as well. He handcrafted the neck out of beautiful timbers.....like I said clever!
Ok the "indulgence" part. My Daughter has been doing lots of ancestry stuff and because of that has with some app....don't ask me...has sharpened up some very, very old photos digitally. This one is of my Father and myself as a baby....he died when I was three years old...so love this one. And I especially love that he's in his QATB uniform.
The next one is of my Grannie...1st on the right...Great Grannie smack in the middle and the rest are all my Great Aunts....my Grandmother's sisters....she also had one Brother. I just love this photo!
I mean don't you just love the frocks * wink
This one of my Dads lovely smiling face.
Ok climbing back out of the archives and on to stitching. I have begun stitching my doiley hexies together. I just had to see what a couple looked like together.
I am so loving this already!
I have also completed stitcheries and some appliqued circles for my new project Wish You Well by Gail Pan (thanks for the enablement Fiona)


If you've followed my blog for a long time you may recall my friend Gaye and her lovely sister Bev both beautiful ladies and dear friends. Sadly we lost Gaye 7 years ago. She is greatly missed by us all.
 Gaye was a great lover and collector of little antique and vintage finds. Recently Bev gifted me one of Gayes little treasures. A beautiful petit point needlework piece in a vintage frame....I remember it vividly in her home. I was so touched and I love it!
This is Gaye and I....a pair of blossoms in the garden lol!
This is Bev hiding.....with one of her lovely framed hexie quilts I had a part in enabling! I think she is on to her 3rd....maybe?
It seems to be catching lol!
Well off to make a mango and chicken salad for dinner.....first mango for me this season.
No stitching for me tonight. I have a very sore arm thanks to two vaccinations I had yesterday. 
So dinner, some tunes and a book in bed for me.
Take care everyone, 
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 









6 comments:

  1. It's always so nice to catch up with your news. Such wonderful family photos, just love those frocks hats and gloves! And your baby photo with your proud dad is ertainly very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, mango! What wonderful old photos, that's a big family of girls. A Cajon sounds really good in the hands of someone who can play well, as I'm sure your grandie can. Love seeing your pretty stitching, Michelle, and that beautiful reminder of your late friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots going on there.... I finally watched the first Practical Magic with Debs before hospital, maybe we will get to the second one soon. It is fun seeing pictures from days before and how glamorous they were (but I'm glad not to have to dress up like that allt he time) Lovely sewing, you have made great progress with both those lovely quilts...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your stitching, but I am also fascinated by the way those photos have come up. That is wonderful. They are so crisp and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Michelle - those old photos are great momento's aren't they. I love the little frame that Bev gifted you - so special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever brother! And the photographs look amazing. I have an old wedding photograph that needs attention so I shall have to have a poke around on the internet. Your doily hexies are looking gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.