MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, August 13, 2021

Here Comes August

 Hello everyone. Hoping you are all well and safe. I finally had all the stars align so that I could get my first vaccination. Apart from a bit of a sore and achy arm so far so good.

Since my last post I have had a birthday. I was quite prepared to let it slide on by this year but my lovely family and friends made sure that didn't happen....flowers, cake, books, gifts, cards, good wishes and yummy fabrics made me feel very spoilt! Another trip around the sun is not to be taken for granted!

2 more tags were made to add to my growing collection . 
Tag 31....was GOLD. Not being a particularly blingy person I thought I would struggle with this one. Eventually I decided that I would mark the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.......lots of GOLD there. I used a piece of gilded fabric that my brother bought me back from his trip to Japan a few years ago...added Gold Stars for the athletes, some gold tatting and I was quite pleased with the results.
Tag 32.....was LAZY DAISY STITCH. Throughly enjoyed this tag.....quietly stitching it was lovely!
I  also have a quilt finish.....my Pandemic Basket Quilt. I designed and stitched this quilt from my stash only....including border, backing and  batting. Side note: said stash does not seem to have diminished! 
The binding was I thought  going to be an issue but I found a brown fabric in those deep fabric bins we seem to have....

The little baskets surrounded a bigger one in the centre block. I included a little tag saying HOME as it seems to be the safest place these days.

I am very happy with how it has turned out and I really enjoyed the hand quilting  of it too.

I have a vintage doiley for a label from my stash gifted me by a friend.....just need to write the story now.
Artwise, an old milk can I have in the garden inspired a little drawing study. 
I used a LOT of artistic licence changing the rusty patina of the can to the gorgeous oranges and reds that I love!  And of course a little lady Fairy Wren. 

Hospital visit this week meant lots of sitting around waiting so I took along some Applecores to prepare and baste as I had used all the ones I had. I now have a lovely Applecore pouch to keep them in thanks to my lovely friend Shez xx
I got a nice little pile done so I can now get back to adding them to the quilt top.
I  have so many projects in various stages of development deciding what gets attention is a dilemma lol!
That's me caught up. On the reading list issue I have dumped Blogger. They have seemingly ZERO interest in assisting you  with any issues you encounter no matter how many times you report it and gone over to Feedly to read all your lovely posts. It is just taking me a little while to find you all and transfer you across but at least I can see your posts now.
Take care everyone and stay safe.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 







15 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday wishes. Congratulations on such a pretty collection of baskets there. Funny how our stash of scraps and fabrics never seems to diminish. Exquisite sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you had a happy birthday, love the tags and your basket quilt. Your sketch is wonderful too. I think everyones stash seems to expand rather than get smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you enjoyed your birthday Michelle. Gosh your tags are just beautiful - love your style. Also love that rusty milkcan you have sketched. I lost my reading list for about 10 days & nearly tore my hair out ... suddenly one morning there it was back again. I found blogger No help either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tags and a beautiful finish your your basket quilt - it does look wonderful. I love your churn picture and what a great gift from Shez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (late) birthday wishes, Michelle.....so pleased you had a good day! Your tags are so pretty, and your basket quilt is beautiful. I love your picture too, especially the little Jenny Wren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. Your basket quilt is a nice positive to come out of the pandemic and your latest artwork is beautiful. I’m sure Feedly will work well for you. I’ve been using it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post ... I adore your basket quilt - it has come up so beautifully and of course your drawings are always so wonderful... Great ideas for tags... happy applecoring...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday wishes to you.
    Lovely to see you quilt completed. A lot of work and a beautiful result.
    The tags are lovely, too.
    Good to see you also getting in some time with your pencils.
    I am pleased you have been able to get a start with your vaccination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy your birthday 🥳 was celebrated with many good wishes ,gifts etc..
    you’ve been working on many lovely projects and also playing with your pencils….
    Keep well 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Michelle, so pleased you had plenty of family and friends helping you celebrate your special day. The basket quilt looks wonderful, as does your lovely art work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is gorgeous Michelle... & so is the drawing. Stay safe up there...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased to hear you were spoilt rotten for your birthday. I love the little tags and of course the beautiful quilt finish. That quilt sure has some stories to tell, doesn't it?! As always, your artwork is just gorgeous. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday. Glad you were able to enjoy it with the help and gifts from family and friends. I love your basket quilt with the beautiful central appliqued block. Beautiful artwork as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle tu trabajos son tan bonitos ¡¡ me encanta tu colcha de cesta!!
    Delicioso ramo de flores.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle ¡felicidades! tus trabajos siempre son tan bonitos, tus colcha cestas espectacular ¡me encanta!
    Envió saludos grandes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.