MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, July 25, 2021

July Round Up

 Hello out there. I do hope all my southern friends are safe and well in the current lockdown situation. We are still masking up here in Brisbane which although I am very happy to comply makes hospital visits difficult. My husband ended up in hospital for 2 weeks and he was not allowed visitors which was difficult to manage when you are anxious and worried.....understand the caution but still difficult. And so many folks in this situation. 

I have kept up with my tags.....

The halfway mark was reached and we had to make ourselves a medal....I chose EPP....bee themed fabrics for our "tag making sewing bee"

Anne invited us to make a tag using favourite techniques from the challenge and send it to her (she is planning a little exhibition for them all) So far over 400 from all over the world have arrived....mine included.
I decided to make another medal to send to Anne using a hexie. I embroidered seed stitch over it as I enjoyed learning it. I also stitched on a piece of needle tatting that was new to me also.
I added a little bee suprise under the medal to tie it in with mine.....
This weeks tag was another multi layered project......make a brooch.....take and share a photo of you wearing it and WHERE you are in the world and then attach it to your No.30 tag......WELL....I am the Queen of terrible selfies....the Westerlies blowing didn't help lol!
But after a myriad of attempts...I decided enough was enough.....I  am what I am! Yours truly with said brooch!

My Brooch Tag....I chose green....I LOVE green and I upcycled a little Angel pin who had lost her backing pin....I  did enjoy planning and stitching on this one.
Apart from tags I have kept up with hand quilting while the cold weather is here. Something soothing about rows of little stitches making hills and valleys  across your quilt.

And more hexie flowers for my Heartstrings border.....which means I shall have to make up my mind how they will end up.

Only a little sketching.....trying to keep my practice up. Some of my nature table specimens for my sketchbook.
Nothing much happening in my Garden of Neglect but this pot of succulents and owl made me smile.
Take care everyone, 
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 








14 comments:

  1. Oh, Michelle......while we understand the "no visitors" rule it is difficult for both you and you hubby. Sending love and hugs to you both. Love your beautiful stitching and drawing, and your angel brooch is wonderful - a little guardian on your shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are gorgeous as is your little angel pin. It is very hard for patients and their families during the pandemic. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just absolutely LoVe your tags when you show them on Instagram Michelle. How special that you sent one over to Anne. I loved the brooch one you made with the green Angel especially. I hope the restrictions ease for you over there - that would've been SO difficult not being able to visit Mr R in hospital - hard for both of you. Take care Michelle. xx❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this difficult time for hubby and you it’s even worse when you can’t visit. Lots hugs 🤗.❤️❤️
    Lovely tags and a very special one your sent to Anne.
    Beautiful drawing ✍️.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a difficult time for you and hard to focus on anything when a loved one is in hospital with no visitors. Xx so many lovely projects again. Love your tags and your basket quilt is zooming along. Keep safe and keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tags are gorgeous. Selfie....well 2nd one much better. Know how lock down affects visiting. Rob's Dad is on a home.. it's been hard. Lots of hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do feel for you when visiting was restricted... glad G is home now. Love the tags.. so clever and the variety sent to Anne will be a lovely exhibition..Selfies are the pits aren't they.... I love your windblown picture... xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. your little tags are so beautiful. Little works of art!
    Hope hub is home safe and sound now. It makes it so difficult when family can't visit, especially for his recovery. We had that problem down here too. I can understand it but it is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle me alegra que tu marido ya esta en casa, es muy difícil no poder acompañarlo en el hospital, tus tarjetas son divinas, cuídate amiga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle, good to visit your blog and see you stitching away! :-) It is good have a focus..
    I like those little tags!
    Well, we had our so called "Freedom Day" here at the same time as the Covid numbers are going up! Sensible?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear Mr R was in hospital...that's hard enough at the best of times so NOT being able to visit must have been terrible for you.
    On a lighter note...all your work above is gorgeous. Love that "selfie" xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tags are looking wonderful. Lovely ideas in all of them. Good to see the hand stitching continuing along with the hexies.
    That is a long stint in hospital without visitors. Understandable, but difficult. We had the same here with our previous lock down in May. My hubby ended up in hospital for an extended stay and of course, no visitors. As it was unplanned he had nothing organised, so I sorted phones and tablets, dropped them at reception, so he could chat via skype with family. Still not the same as in person, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tags are so clever. I’d never be able to come up with the ideas. I don’t know how people take good selfies. Mine are always terrible. I hope hubby is back home now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear hubby was in hospital, it makes this time more stressful for you, hopefully he is back home now. Your tags are beautiful Michelle, selfies are a challenge I think! Very special tag for Anne. Love your baskets, they look so cuddly. Great hexies too. Take care Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.