MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Inside and Out

This weekend I have done just that...spent sometime indoors and some out of doors.
The indoors consisted of finishing off my violets...just a sneaky now!
Another snippet... a special gift for someone! All the stitchery is done and just needs putting together into ???
I then treated myself to some time practising with my coloured pencils...a sweet Crimson Rosella. We loved these pretty birds when we encountered them in our travels down south.
There is still lots of shading and the background to do but overall I am thinking not to awful! The other little person I have been working on is giving me all kinds of grief....self inflicted I think. I have drawn a composite of several photos (some generously sent to me by Sue - Kiwikid) who also is besotted by these gorgeous creatures. I think it is best left as is until I can show my very clever teacher who tells me nothing is ever lost! I do hope so because he is very cute....
and I have been longing to draw and Orangutan for so long! Definitely a WIP!

Outside saw me in the garden once I had bought home some bounty from the nursery.
 I have to accept that I live in the subtropics and not in a cooler climate and unless I want to spend every waking hour tending a garden I have to go with what grows here. My poor gardens in the front and side have been losing residents at an alarming rate, the horrendous heat didn't help either and there are bare bits everywhere...so crotons, tropical ground covers, geraniums have filled in some of the gaps now. I hope it will start to look a little better soon.
I also bought a few vegies and herbs to pop in my little vegie plot as well..
Some lovely rosemary, garlic, lettuce and tiny tomatoes hopefully will be in our future....
It feels so nice to be outside gardening but I think I may be a bit sore tomorrow.
Hubby is ensconced in his chair flicking between the motor racing and the cricket so I'll have to decide.....pencils/paper or needle and thread?
I hope you are enjoying your weekend too.

Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

24 comments:

  1. Enjoyed Catching up with your Post Michelle Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to have a little secret project on the go. Beautiful crimson rosella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me, some stitching and some time in the garden. I am waiting for the weather to cool down a bit before planting my vegie garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your violets are so pretty, and your Crimson Rosella looks pretty awesome to me. Did you see them when you were in the Grampians? Lovely gardening weather down here - have a bit the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching. Great drawing. I so love your gardening sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow michelle your drawings are so wonderful,you sure do have a talent my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketches and stitching are gorgeous Michelle - even the Orangatan who you're not happy with looks such a character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessing to you have a great week. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching, wow I just love your drawings, very talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to read and see what you have been doing. Your drawing just gets more and more amazing and wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your drawings. They are wonderful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle, good planting time at the moment according to my moon calendar :-) So your veges should do really well, Love your violet stitchery, so gorgeous. As are your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mum would love your Violet stitchery. Holy moley..........your artwork is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your violets are looking lovely, Michelle. Wonderful drawings too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. all this secret sewing..... it's hard .... love your stitching and your drawing is just awesome ... it shows that you are loving it... hopefully it will start cooling down and your garden will feel happier...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the violets and I just wish I had an nth of your talent. The rosella and orangutan are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful stitching Michelle and I love the orangutan...it is so cute!!! Good luck with the gardening and planting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a perfectly balanced afternoon. your drawing is getting better and better with every lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooo, you are such a tease! I am loving those violets and look forward to seeing the entire project completed. Your drawings are so amazing. We have lots of those parrots around here. They love our apple tree. Hmmm, another peek of a pressie. Someone is going to very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your stitching is so beautiful. Love seeing your drawings. You are so talented my dear.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Michelle,

    The perfect weekend. Gardening is so wonderful and we really do have to accept where we live and what grows best. Your violets are so pretty Michelle, I can just about smell them.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work in the garden. Yes, our climate really does dictate what will grow!
    Looks like lots of lovely stitching going on. And your drawings are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Michelle your drawings are gorgeous....just beautiful! Happy Gardening to you...we really gave to go with the flow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.