MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, January 20, 2018

FNSI JANUARY

WENDY from Sugarlane Designs hosted our online get together for January. If you would like to see what everyone was working on pop over to Wendy's.
As I had the company of the little folk in my family all week I was a little bit weary.
Their Mums are teachers and were back in at school hard at work preparing for everyone else's little folk to join them bright and early Monday morning! Yes! Those lucky teachers getting ALL those holidays! But I shan't go on! Except to say do appreciate our teachers people....they work darn hard and often at their own expense! Both financially and emotionally.
Anyway in the spirit of joining in with my fellow bloggers I decided to do some nice and relaxed stitching on my clamshells.
I am now appliquing row 16 on and got all but 8 sewn before sleepy eyes overtook me and bed called me away.
Slowly but surely it is growing.....love this quilt! Feels so old worldy and nostalgic, makes me think of all those quilt makers that came before me. The difference being they were making do, using up each tiny leftover scrap and creating something useful and lovely in the process. Where as I have the luxury of choosing favourites "scraps" to make mine. Still it is very nice to be creating an 'Ode to the Olde'.
What did you stitch last night with us?
Through the week I appliqued my January circles in place for Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018. I am really going to enjoy doing these.
A quiet day for me here today. Maybe some prep work on my next Angel Story block.
If you want to read my latest Art post go HERE
Have a lovely weekend all.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

26 comments:

  1. I'm sure the grandies love coming over to your place... lots of time in the pool with the heat we are having at the moment. Clams are looking good and growing so well.... and I love your circle... I have now got some pressed with starch ready to be added to some batik... and guess what I have started tracing angel story.... if you slow down I will catch you up in a couple of years!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clamshells. Yet another thing on my very long list of techniques to try!! It's just now Friday night here, so I better get back to stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love those clamshells, Michelle, and as I am looking for a long-term stitching project am wondering if it might be a good idea for using up my own mountain of scrappy bits. Can't believe school is going back already!! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really believe that teachers NEED the holidays...They do a great job...
    Your clamshells are growing nicely.
    Some good circles too!
    The Angel Story is a very sweet project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clamshells and like you I have a lot of admiration for teachers. Wouldn’t do their job for anything. Sure the grandies loved being with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your clamshells. Mine are on my ufo list to finish. :). Love those circles. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon there should be a Grandparents' Medal.....gold plated. Much of my working life was spent in schools so yes, I know how hard those teachers (and other staff!) work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely company. Teachers are very undervalued these days.
    your clamshells are growing beautifully and of course I love your blue circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, the clamshells give me the same feeling of being old world quilts,lovely. The circles are great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your clamshells are looking so beautiful. I am sure you had fun with the little ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you had a good excuse to be weary. I love time with the grandies but I get tired and feel like going to bed when they do at times.
    Lovely to see the clamshells growing and you keeping up with the rainbow challenge.
    And every teacher would say thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that clamshell quilt is going to look stunning, such an unusual shape to work with

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your clamshells are coming along very nicely, it's going to look great when finished.
    I think you have to be a special person to be a good teacher (not a job for me); to influence young people's minds it is a huge responsibility. But like in other professions, there are the good ones and not so good; thankfully the majority belong to the first group :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your clamshells are beautiful! Is it a hard process? I've never done one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I am using English paper piecing papers and I find them really easy xx

      Delete
  15. Love your clamshells, I agree with Marina, teachers are undervalued. Lovely to spend time with your grandies, good to hear you have some recuperating time too!! Your circles are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The clamshells are coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Clamshells look fabulous. I'm married to a teacher and they sure need their breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your clammies look fabulous! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those clam shells are so lovely and you seem to be zooming along with them. Love your cicles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with you the clam shells do have old world feel. Those were good days didn't know it then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Busy busy girl such lovely work Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, busy lady. I love your clam shells and the circles are beautiful. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much Mia. I enjoy working on my clamshells and it is slowly growing x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bet the grandies love coming to your house although of course I am sure they do wear you out a little! Your clamshells are growing really well - yes aren't we lucky that we have so many scraps to choose from these days?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.