MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, November 25, 2017

FNSI

November's blogging stitching evening was last evening. WENDY at Sugarlane Quilts was our hostess....
My efforts consisted of cutting out and basting more clamshells.
Before turning in I appliqued a few down on row 15.
Thank you Wendy for gathering us together again.
This morning I made an effort to get to my sewing machine early to get the binding on my hand quilted project. I want it ready for me later in the day.
I do love looking at hand quilted stitches.....
Binding on and all ready for some relaxed stitching down when I am ready later.
A series of books was recommended to me by my Mother and after reading the book jackets I wasn't sure they were for me. They have languised for well over a year here. I decided to give the first one ago......a bit violent for my tastes but it is set in early Australia and the wild Frontier of my home State and I am certain the reality would have been far worse than even portrayed in these books.....scary thought! There would have been nothing romantic about living through it. Anyway the Author has done his job and whisked me away on a journey and YES I think I am hooked on this Saga!
No 1 read! No 2 begun......
Well jobs are waiting for my attention and voting in our State election has to happen yet. It's nice to have some stitching waiting for me for afters!
Happy weekend folks.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

21 comments:

  1. Love your quilting. The books look interesting. The yellow/orange clamshell in front i have that in a blue & a green. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to work on your clamshells ...
    You'll enjoy the handstitching after your running around.
    Pleased you are enjoying the books..
    Love that Angel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your angel. Your clamshells are coming along nicely and I do so admire your beautiful hand quilting. Enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your clamshells are growing... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, Ive just booked the Curlew one from our library.... will try it. Iv'e found a few fabrics for your clams - will post sometime soon.... Lovely quilting but I want to see the front..... HOpe voting went well - so nice and quiet here - took no time at all especially since we found a back gate so didn't get saboutaged by the leaflet givers...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice clams..........don't forget to vote.......I hate electoral campaigns.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle love your clamshells and your hand quilting looks wonderful.
    Looks like you are really enjoying your books sometimes we get a surprise when we step outside out our
    comfort zone and try something new,glad you are being whisked away into another era,Namaste and blessings my friend πŸ’‹

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hand quilting is so beautiful and tiny. Love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, there is something special about hand quilting. Yours looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your handquilting is beautiful Michelle - such lovely little stitches...woohoo binding time, always a time to celebrate the ending of one quilt and - maybe- the starting of another! I really enjoy reading books about Australian (and NZ) colonial (etc) life - will have to look these ones up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your clam shells are so pretty and I adore your quilting. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love clamshells mine are never straight...amazing quilting ...enjoy the read❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure I don't know what I do with my time when I see what you get done. Maybe a great New Year's resolution ...lol. what a great place for our break up. Enjoyed it so much. 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your clamshells. They looks just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your clamshells...happy binding

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clamshells are in my to do list Michelle enjoyed catching up

    ReplyDelete
  17. Popping in via FNSI...the clamshells look great, interested to see how they end up as they are also on my to do list but as yet I don't know what to do with them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love seeing Clam Shells form. Mine is ready for quilting. It's a smallish wall hanging and was so much fun to make! I hope you're enjoying the process too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect clamshells!!!!!!!! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Nice clamshells Thanks for sharing keep up the Good work..

    Best Embroidery Designs>> Embroidery Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.