MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

It's a Bit Damp

Old Brisbane town is a bit cool and damp at the moment. The garden is very happy and everything looks washed clean and green. Another little gem flowered for the first time since it was relocated.....made me smile.
Sunday was October's Sunday Stitchers meeting. It was extremely wet but we enjoyed our day......some lovely show and tell from Marilyn....
And two lovely quilts from Allison.

I worked on my clamshells and got a whole row sewn on, so I was very happy that I managed to stitch and chat at the same time lol!
After all the stitching on Gardener's Journal cottage block I chose a couple of smaller ones to work on....
Also in my pretty pouch is some Christmas stitching......
Another Angel Story block has been selected so fabric choices to make. Lots of different projects getting attention these days.
I hope you are enjoying your day. I am off to baste some scallops for the Blessings borders. A nice way to spend a rainy day afternoon. After much sharing of ideas, creativity and knowledge today in my art class, given so freely, I think this little pearl is worth some thought.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

11 comments:

  1. Sew industrious...beautiful work. I have a hippy up too. So lovely. Hope to catch up soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotation Michelle. As always lovely work by your group. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice you got to the Sunday stitchers.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely show and tell from your stitching group. You have some lovely things on the go. I need to get back to A Gardener's Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous show and tell! It's lovely how the world seems washed clean after rain, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful show & tell there Michelle. Loving your clamshells :-) Yes I do enjoy the rain & how it just revives everything, especially in the spring when the growth is so prolific. Every little drop helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a fun day and always so lovely to see some other quilts. I do love your projects and great to see clammies growing... don't go too fast with Angel story -
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle,
    I have had a couple of very busy days, so have just caught up with your latest lovely posts, so good to read.
    Also great to see your pretty smiling Granddaughter getting better.
    Hugs R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always lovely to see projects shared in show and tell.
    And good to see you stitching away.
    My mum and sister are in Gympie this week. They sure picked a bad time to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rain has been so welcome - but maybe we have had enough for now . . ..
    Lovely projects...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see your work from the weekend, plus the finished quilts; good on you mastering chatting and stitching at the same time - good multi-tasking :-) Great to hear you have enjoyed the rain - it is nice when everything freshens up and the world id rewarded with beautiful blooms. Wonderful words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.