MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, September 16, 2017

September FNSI

Seems so long since I have joined in with my fellow bloggers for a good old virtual sew in over at WENDY'S at Sugarlane Quilts What to work on?
Another Gardener's Journal block came under the needle for finishing.
Pulling the Weeds....love this block! As I didn't have a lot to do on it to finish it I began the next block in the case and then went back to work on my Clamshells.
Row 12 is now attached.....these are a tad addictive I must say!
Only 30 more rows to go lol! I had a very nice time and my Broncos are still in the game for the footy finals so a good night all round.
I am looking forward to visting the other Friday Nighters to see what they got up to.
Thanks Wendy for being our charming hostess.
Today I plan to drag out the pencils....they are a bit rusty. Even though I took my sketchbook, not a lot was achieved. I have always wished that I was that quick sketch person but I am not! So I appreciate what I have been given.
Anyway I had been working on a Galah portrait before I went away. It is from a photo I took on our trip last year. I love these pretty birds. We take them for granted here and underestimate their beauty. When you see a flock of them in outback Australia they are so beautiful to watch.
So a practicing I shall go......speaking of wildlife, Hubby just called me downstairs. It appears that a little wallaby has gotten lost from the nature park near us. Sheltering in our garden.....waiting for the Wildlife people.

Poor thing is very frightened.
Home is not too far away but usually they don't venture out of the park with all the dogs around.....the whole street is watching it trying to keep it safe.
Certainly didn't expect that this morning in the very heart of suburbia!
Enjoy your weekend folks.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

23 comments:

  1. Love your stitchery, clamshells & galah. I hope the wallaby gets home safe & sound. He/she looks right at home in your garden.😊. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that block too, Michelle. Your clam shells are looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back into your stitching. And good luck with your drawing plans.
    Hope that little guy got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,wow i cant believe how many clam shells you have done,its looking fantastic.
    Glad your little visitor is safe and sound now.
    Love your stitchery and your drawing,well done my friend,hope you have an awesome weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your clamshells, and your drawing is soo fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, your clamshells are looking amazing. As is your drawing, just love how you work your magic with your pencils. How wonderful to have a little wallaby pop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great block Michelle and your clamshells are so gorgeous. Hope you get the Wallaby safely back home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle
    Well love your stitchery, your clamshells are multiplying beautifully,
    Your drawing is magnificent, your visitor is sooo cute.....but your Broncos....hmmmm....hehe
    Hope we can catch up soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I hope your little wallaby gets home safely! Love those clamshells.....will some of the fabrics bought on holiday be used in it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the photos and great stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back -Gosh your clamshells are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely clamshells...great photos...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your clamshells, I've never done one before.. I should try one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that is my favrouite block too!! Your clamshells are looking wonderful. Hope the wallaby got home safe, lucky it found your garden to shelter in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely sewing - you stitch uup quick when you make your mind to it. I do love those clamshells and I'm so glad tohave seen them in real life. Galahs are so pretty to watch and I just love your drawing.... sweet visitor. we have been getting them coming to drink our birdbath water at night - they must be desperate poor things..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your clamshells! What a sweet visitor you had! Hope he made it back to the park ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some lovely progress happening xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE THE CLAM SHELLS!! You are so right, they are very addictive! I worked on mine also for FNSI. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy doing them so my project will only be a wall hanging. I have plans for another already! Hope the baby wallaby had a safe return!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh clamshells, anyone who tackles them is a brave person, you included!
    I hope Wallaby gets back safely to his mob

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so love your clamshells! If I ever finish my hexie quilt I might have to make clamshells! thank you for showing us the wallaby. Such dear animals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is my fav block of those stitcheries. Love your drawing. Those clamshells are amazing! Back to my little 1 " ones soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your clamshells are looking great! And the weeding block is gorgeous too! I hope the Wallaby made it home safely. I adore your Galah work - you are very talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That certianly is a lovely quilt you are making, looks hard to me. I dont do good hand work have only quilted one quilt by hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.