MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, September 25, 2017

Out and About

I have had a creative, stitchy kind of few days....which I love.
Friday I had a very nice time at friend Jan's with other friends too. A little show and tell....Jan's lovely flimsy of her cotton reel quilt. So pretty!
Don't you love it when friends let you dive into their stash for donations to a project...thanks Jan....the new clamshells are great.
Sunday I was off down the M1 for Sunday Stitchers. Some more delightful show and tell.....Cheryl's lovely quilt, getting its it's binding sewing down.
De's delightful Quilter.  So very cute!
We told Helen she should have bought a bigger bag to carry her show and tell lol!
Oh my! The hexies in it were 1/4 inch.....teeeny tiny but gorgeous!
When it is your birthday at Sunday Stitchers we gift the birthday girl with a fat quarter or buttons etc. of their choice. I was away for my birthday and had completely forgotten about it until friend Susan reminded me. What a lovely surprise! My choice was vintage type fabrics, French General or similar!
Absolutely loved all my fat quarters.....every one beautiful! Thank you so much girls.
Unfortunately I had to leave early as I had a meeting close to the city.
I  do love this precinct at Southbank....art galleries, library, museum and performing arts! Not to mention the leafy trees giving shade on a hot day.
So as you can see I have had a very nice time. It is a warm old day here in Brisbane today and more to come apparently.  So I am indulging in a nice cuppa, an old Poirot movie and a little stitching in the cool.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. Nothingnbetter than a days with fellow stitchers. There us some beautiful show and tell there Michelle, love the cotton reel quilt. Your birthday surprise looks very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your friends cotton reel quilt top...your clamshells are looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southbank is a very special place (DD2 loves it) Love all the show and tell... that purse is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clamshells are looking wonderful Michelle, love all your new fat 1/4s!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how pretty is that cotton reel quilt ... and fun to have those stitchy days and show and tell is always so fun... lovely new fabrics too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely to see all the different projects. Very talented friends of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely time you've had. Gorgeous show and tell. Just love Southbank always something on loved working there. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle,lovely show & Tell from the girls.
    Love your birthday fabrics and you are doing so well with your clam shells,Namaste my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stitching days are great fun.....and those birthday fabrics are very "you", Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun few days with your sewing friends.
    Nice clamshells and also good to dig into a different fabric stash.
    Sunday Stitchers always have lovely show and tell.
    Fabulous FG FQ s for your birthday 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have fellow miniaturists but don't belong to a club for quilters, wish I did. Love all these quilts. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Jan's cotton reel quilt! So very pretty... and oh my, 1/4" hexies?! Amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work by your friends but I adore those tiny hexies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your clamshells!
    It was great to catch up at last :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.