MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Crocodiles Plus

Our trip to the Art Gallery and Museum was very interesting and instructions were given to snap the famous NT croc, Sweetheart! Poor thing was accidentally killed during capture so underwent some taxidermy work and now resides in the museum....HUGE!

Coffee and cake was definitely required after all that culture and learnin'.
On the Misters bucket list was the "Orginal Adelaide River Jumping Crocodiles Cruise"....me? Not so much! But being a wussy good sport, I got talked into it.
I like the kind above! Or Mr R's friend.
The boat seemed a wee bit small for me....however! 

We had a delightful and knowledgeable guide called Steve who assured me all would be well.....
Thankfully he did not tell me the river was home to about 7,000 crocodiles!

Scary stuff folks....so impressed with myself but then I couldn't really decide to get off mid tour....some of the action!



This happened more than once with different animals...yikes! This big bloke....18 foot is called Agro....I was thrilled to hear that he does not jump....phew!


I was very happy...almost hysterically so to get back to my pretend friend on shore.
Have to say they make a mean Latte and Cappuccino here.
On the way out to the cruise we had passed a little township called Humpty Doo and being crazy tourists liked the Boxing Croc outside the Post Office. As I  had mail to post we decided we would drop in on the way back and the Mister could get that Naff Croc photo....which we did.

Into the Post Office I wander to post my mail and who should I discover but the lovely Vickie a friend met on Lets Get Stitched retreat in Brisbane. I knew Vickie lived up this way but not exactly where....made my day! Talk about crazy.
Grabbed the paparazzi for a photo of course lol!
A quick hug and chat and then left Vickie in peace to get back to work. 
After all that adrenaline coursing through my veins yesterday, today I am treating myself to a day of quiet stitching....
My Darwin clamshell from the beautiful Indigenous fabric I bought here. I think it fits in nicely and will be a lovely reminder of here.
Where's the Mister? I shouted him a fishing charter for our Anniversary. He is hoping to catch a Barramundi! Which I might add I have become extremely fond of....yummo! Hubby shouted me a nice little trinket....not sharing here though.
Thats all folks!
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx 

14 comments:

  1. Ok, there is NO WAY you would get me on that boat!!! I am not a fan of crocs!!! I'm most impressed with you though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave....now you can gloat. Always nice to have surprise catch ups. Keep on having a great time and including us. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing all the cool photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crocs were a great day out

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were very brave......I would have given the crocs a miss! How lovely to meet up with a stitching friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those crocs would be so interesting; they have never evolved from their prehistoric look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy sight-seeing, but not too sure about those crocs. You deserve a nice quiet stitching day after all that. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how, no matter where we roam, we find like mined people....thanks for sharing the photos....presently I am stitching the heart from Holly Home Christmas as the July block substitute. Love stitching while watching Brit TV on my laptop.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a much braver soul then me. I would have been hysterical just thinking about getting in that water, even on a boat. Glad to know your ok. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  10. Usually I pour through your posts, but I am not a fan of crocs (I find the ugly shoes comfortable though) so I scrolled quickly - but I did enjoy reading you meet up with Vicki and seeing your lovely clamshells - so so lovely. I also had a pause at ranger Steve... I think my scroller thing got stuck!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that would have been an interesting day out, I guess the crocs come to the boat cos they know they are going to be fed! Well done for being so brave!! How nice to see Vicki...your clam shells are looking fantastic, that special fabric fits in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those crocs are pretty scarey - I'm pleased we don't have any at home in NZ. How lovely to meet up with a stitching friend, and to have a chill-out day doing your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a very interesting way to meet those crocs. I think our boat had perspex on the sides so I felt a little safer.
    How special to meet up with a friend like that!
    Love seeing the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a braves woman Michelle, I would have had anxiety being near the stuffed one!
    Your clamshells are looking fantastic, great to add your souvenir one in the mix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.