MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Road Trip

Yesterday I set off up to our beautiful Sunshine Coast with friends to visit our dear friend Jan who was having a holiday there at her families home. It is a beautiful home. She invited us for a stitching day by the sea.
How is this for a view to stitch by. ..
It was a wonderful enjoying our Queensland winter sunshine and taking in that view.
We were able to catch up with friends who now live there Robyn M. and my best mate Ann. We got creative with photography lol! Panoramic photo...
Loved this huge canvas piece in the dining room.....so peaceful and calming to look at.
And hows this for a stitching chair...just had to have a turn! Oooh so comfortable. I could also imagine reading and snoozing here quite easily!
Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the car! I took my hexies but didn't do a stitch! They sat waiting patiently on the table but never came out of their box! I am blaming the company and the view! The only sewing to show is this gorgeous pouch stitched by my friend Diane for me....an early birthday gift (everyone, including me thought I was going away) Also a gorgeous soft pashmina! Beautiful! I  just love them xx
I was allowed to open it right away..... Diane is a beautiful stitcher....we have her hooked on hexies now...I did warn her it was a downhill spiral lol!
The icing on the cake apart from our delicious lunch...thanks Jan....was spending time with my best friend Ann. Who I don’t get to see as often as I woukd like!

So in a nutshell our day consisted of dear friends, lovely hostess, fab view, delicious food, wonderful chauffeur and loads of fun and laughter......how blessed were we.
Enjoy your weekend.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

20 comments:

  1. Such a tranquil place to enjoy friends and stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful place to sit and be with friends, I can understand why you didn't get much stitching done. Lovely to see you catching up with Ann...shame the chair didn't fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous view to look at while stitching. I can see why your hexies stayed in the box. 😊. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful - any view of the ocean is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day. I know you were suppose to be travelling but it was so nice to have you there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post filled with lovely things Michelle .... your gorgeous weather, friendships, stitching & lovely gifts too. I think that painting on that wall is rather stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely day, Michelle......the best kind, filled with friends and love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely day indeed. Question...how on earth did you get up out of that chair?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great day! I love the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A day with friends - priceless. Oooh that chair!!! Lovely birthday present, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle wow what a wonderful day spent with friends,many memories made,so glad you got to spend time with Ann.
    Oh i love that canvas and what beautiful gifts you have received from Dianne.
    Namaste and blessings to also my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Michelle! It looks like a great place to spend some time preending to stitch and catching up with friends. What a lovely gift from Diane. I'm sure the day will have set you up for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic day by the look of the pics. Thanks for taking me along with you... xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great day. Love the butterfly saying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a wonderful time! That chair is made for sleeping lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh.. the chair looks very comfy! And how lovely to be so close to the beach.. glad you had a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely post Michelle, a great way to spend a day by the sea, I loved the Dining Room canvas, and the Butterfly quote.
    Hugs R.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.