MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Hexie or Three

The hexies have been coming along in nice little piles for Brinton Hall. Very relaxing but definitely not a quick undertaking. But that is just fine with me!
Still I have a top and bottom and one side set of pieces together for the fill ins around the  centre medallions....
The other side set is well under way. Feels good using up all those little scraps. Somehow you never seem to run out do you lol!
So not very exciting for you folks  I am afraid but I  have had a very nice time with needle and thread, stitching quietly when I  can.
Lots of pencil action has also been happening but nothing to show you just yet. I quite like those in between times of working away at a project, caught up in the process.
The postman bought me lovely mail this week all the way from the UK. I had ordered an art book by a colour pencil artist I really admire, Alan Woollett called Bird Art! I had been longing to get my hands on it! I was not disappointed.
What a beautiful and inspiring book. I am loving reading about the artists process and enjoying the gorgeous art work. Such a treat to have it to hand for inspiration. Appreciation of the creative work of others can be so uplifting....whether it be a quilt, embroidery,  beautifully crafted knitted piece, a delicious meal prepared by a friend, a painting or a favourite book. I am always fascinated by something created by clever hands and love...how about you? Appreciation and gratitude of beauty in turn creates joy.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

16 comments:

  1. That's a lot of hexies to make......what a gorgeous book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making hexies! It's about time to start a new project. And what a great quote at the end - so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brinton Hall is my next hexie project in the wings. Need to finish up my Snow Flowers first...
    collecting fabrics for the centers right now--and deciding on style...yours will be lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely group of hexies....the book look wonderful enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those beautiful hexies. The book looks very interesting. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning my lovely friend,love your hexies for Brinton Hall its a slow progess with all the hand stitching i have been playing with hexies also.
    Oh Michelle you sure will ha with this lovely book,hope your day is a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your book. I think scraps have a way of multiplying no matter how many you use, ans sometimes you just need something a bit bigger and have to buy more fabric.... that's how they do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your hexies and it is well worth the effort. I admire your gift for drawing . It is something you have inspired me to persue in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, always appreciative of others creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see your pile of hexies and Brinton Hall growing. It sounds like an inspiring book. Oh yes, always enjoy and appreciate other's creativity - and it's not always in the traditional forms either. Great little saying... you always have such wise ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Go the hexies! They are very relaxing. It is good to see the project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be amazing when done and sometimes we just need a quiet project

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress on the hexies, they are a great slow stitching project, very relaxing. That looks like an amazing book, lots of inspiration in there. Wonderful saying.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hexies do take ages but the wait is well worth it.
    Enjoy your special book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are very inspiring My Friend. I really want to do Lucy Boston next. Have a great weekend. 😍🤗

    ReplyDelete
  16. Da hast du schöne Hexagon gemäht. Ich bin momentan auch der Hexagon näh Sucht verfallen
    Liebe Grüße Marika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.