MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Binding Time.

I spent yesterday getting the binding on my Robyn Pandolph Heart quilt. I also found the original pattern. Turns out it is called "Hearts Desire"....not sure if it is still available but there it is for those who asked me.
I was a bit concerned about what I could match up with regards to the binding as I had purchased the fabrics sooooo very long ago. I bought this pretty blue for another project but changed my mind....I think it works. Looks much better than the photo.
As this was the best option I had, slicing, dicing and sewing it on took place.
It took a while. I haven't bound a quilt this big for quite a while. I love seeing the little valleys the quilting makes. Aren't we blessed to be quilters.
Now some quiet hand work to stitch it in place. I really look forward to this part of the quiltmaking journey. With each little stitch observing and reflecting on your work.
Hopefully not too long away from a finished UFO of long standing and then it is back to Grandmother's Flower Garden quilting. I really want this one done this winter!
Managed to fit in some reading as well.....I enjoy Aussie author  Di Morrisey and this one is turning out to be a good yarn.
Well must away as I have a "Rainbow Birthday" party to attend for our littliest Granddaughter.....my Rainbow scarf is already.
I forsee "Rainbow" cake in my future...yum!
Take care,
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

12 comments:

  1. Yay for a finish. Enjoy your raibow cake. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another finish. It is great to start cleaning out ufo's . lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blue...... I hate attaching binding but love stitching it down to finish.......
    I like di Morriseys books too.....not read that one or should I say listened......i've only read one but listened to several audio books thru borrow box of Di's........ .

    ReplyDelete
  4. that blue looks perfect.... great when you find a fabric that fits just right. The quilt is big - don't always get an idea of size in photo's but I could see on the pattern.. Happy binding and have a lovely rainbow birthday.... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue looks like a wonderful match. I enjoy the hand sewing part of the binding, so relaxing. Enjoy the rainbow party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue looks perfect to me! Enjoy your rainbow party. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great choice for binding! Sometimes running out of fabric is good because it makes us think a little differently, instead of having everything matchy-matchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that colour is perfect for the binding. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to be sewing binding on another UFO.
    Bet you had a lovely time at the Rainbow 🌈 party 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love it when you get to the binding...it means the finish is close. I must admit though I seem to be so slow at binding..it takes my ages. You are doing so well with your UFO's.
    Hope you had a great rainbow party. Saw some photos looks like great fun was had by all. Beautiful weather we are having...love this time of year. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.