MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Next!

After the push to finish Splendid Sampler I have had a little break from stitching....well a couple of days lol! I have caught up with my favourite mags...
Worked on my art journal prompts challenge  (52 weeks) a different prompt each week.....I found that cute picture on Pinterest.
Very interesting exercise......hmmm! It always puzzles me.....I can draw but my handwriting is appalling....how come? Learning never ends....
Last week I collected my drawing "Lady Mitchell of Lightning Ridge " from the framers and hung it on the wall....just a little chuffed!
My little Kingfisher friends found a frame as well.
Like most of the East Coast of Australia at the moment its a bit damp and very humid!
My poor Cooktown Orchids don't know what is going on and have decided to send out some flower spikes...crazy! They usually flower in my garden around June. So they are a wee bit early. I will enjoy them just the same.

Due to the damp, I am going with the flow today, enjoying the showers and getting back to my UFO, and working on my Baltimore Quilt borders some more.

I wish you a lovely day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,oh boy those drawings look awesome framed,you have been on a roll and achieving so much,well done my friend.
    What a lovely Orchid,we have a newphew by marriage that grows so many different orchids in his hot house.
    Love your quote Michelle,hits home,hope your day is a good one ,Namaste xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your framed work as well as your drawings...so gifted. Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had good rain too......but oh, it's very humid and we aren't used to that! Your drawings are beautifully enhanced by the framing, how lovely to have them on your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your framed drawings are beautiful. It is fun looking at mags instead of stitching sometimes although I tend to get more ideas that I want to start on. It has been humid and damp here in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paintings are just beautiful Michelle, I love them. I have a Baltimore quilt on my "bucket list", the bucket is quite full and I havent even begun to look in it, way too scary. I may leave my enormous list to my children to complete or burn or as my son says, maybe all your goodies (he says stuff) might be worth something in 100 years, kids you got a love them. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous art work Michelle. Love those birds.
    We have some orchids flowering early too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely having those pictures framed and up.... it really shows them off beautifully. So did you finish the swags on the quilt?????
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful drawings look wonderful in their frames, Michelle. And the weather is certainly just perfect for some stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, your art is amazing. I can barely draw a straight line. Looks like you enjoyed your short stitchy break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art looks so lovely framed up. I love the fob on your scissors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always nice to have a short break form stitching. Love your artwork framed up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all your beautiful work and wish I could put some time aside for art but that will just have to wait as I have lots of sewing projects... and after my trip... I have a few more...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to be able to move from one past time to another. Depending on the level of energy and creativity, there is always something to suit, with awesome results, I may add!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your paintings look beautiful framed up Michelle. Love reading the magazines too...while avoiding what I should be doing!! Great saying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely to see your artwork framed. It really is the final special touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must be so pleased Michelle - the artwork looks so amazing and PROFESSIONAL all framed up and hanging on the wall. Congratulations on such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.