MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Is it a UFO!

Recently I was tempted by a very nice friend (FIONA BUBZRUGZ )to join her in a little  SAL. I promised myself....no more! But......yes there is that word.....BUT! I have loved this project for years and even bought the book....shame to waste says dear friend!
So I thought a bit of a browse couldn't hurt...right? Wrong! Inside I found these.....
Seems I had begun before! Well....says I there won't be any of that fabric left! I dove into my drawer for allocated project fabric and....yes....found this! Is this a SIGN?
So technically this is a UFO....agree? I feel duty bound now to finish it....wouldn't you? Guess we are having a little SAL after all my friend lol!
However I am remaining on track diligently to finish my Baltimore borders.

2 swags to go....4 corners and 3 borders worth of hearts.....slowly but surely I am getting there! I'm challenging myself not to do anything else until this top is done!
Last post I mentioned our birthday High Tea. I made Robyn a mini hexie quilt.
Robyn seemed to like it...
I do love those teeny hexies!
Loving my current art project too....an old ute I photographed at the historic Hebel Hotel. I have been hanging out to get it down on paper.....its a few days work already and still a lot to go....rust! Oh how I love rusty old things!

Our friend CHOOKY has inspired lots of us to get fitter and take better care of ourselves. My Yoga mat and I are very good friends but of late my visits though regular have been a bit fleeting. You can see she is well loved.
I decided that I needed to be a lot kinder to myself and stay on my mat longer with a better quality practice. So I have. We are spending lovely time together almost every day and I feel so much better for it.....why do we avoid what we need the most? Thanks Chooky for jump starting my flagging motivation!
Be a little kind to yourself too. I'm off for a wander up in the bush!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

23 comments:

  1. Lovely UFO, and your Sal will be fabulous, I quilted that one a few years back for one of my customers. Good to keep the dust off the Yoga mat! Happy stretching, breathing and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same UFO. I did all the stitcheries years ago and never managed to piece the together. Now I need to choose fabrics. I have so many quilts to finish with a box full of stitcheries. Love your mini hexi quilt! Remember to polish all your chakras....must get back to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great UFO to find, I have the book here awaiting attention!! I am sure Robyn loved her mini hexie quilt. Love the old ute, cant wait to see it finished. Enjoy your times with the yoga mat, Chooky is very inspirational!! Breath deeply and relax. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle lol,Fiona the temptress,I look forward to seeing your project started after you finish your Baltimore.
    Yes Chooky has inspired a lot of us to work on our fitness,I for one am enjoying the extra energy and I am even off my Pepsi max,so I am glad you and your yoga mat are friends again,hope you have a lovely evening my friend,Namaste and blessing to you also xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it would be shame not to work on that lovely ufo seeing you had stsrted it lol. And to find the fabric is definitely a sign. Your mini hexie quilt is just gorgeous. Lucky Robyn. And love your old ute - you have done wonders. And wouldn't it be lovely stitched as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Gardener's Journal UFO was meant to be worked on again, wasn't it......even if you had forgotten all about it! I really like your rusty old ute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at you finding the project already started. I have found some that I do not remember starting before and wonder where my brain was at the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always lovely to be challenged and as it is a project you had started it will be fun to work on it with a friend...
    Love ❤️ the drawing of your rusty truck...
    Sweet tiny hexie wall hanging you made for Robyn.
    Sew good you are spending more time on the yoga mat...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, as a UFO, it MUST be finished! No need to feel guilty. Now that I've worked with half inch hexies, the one inch seem ginormous!! Love the littles the best. I'll be working on Baltimore Album swag borders very soon. Any hints or tips?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Michelle. How exciting to find a ufo to work on, Fiona must have been reading your mind when she suggested that project! I love the little mini you gave Robyn - ouch, such tiny wee hexagons..such a gorgeous gift. I love your old ute - looking forward to seeing more of it :-) Enjoy your mat time xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ít must be in the name Michelle, but I too love anything rusty and love your truck!! To find all the fabric and some already traced out, it most definitely is a sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful Michelle - already all traced out too!!! Must be meant to be made I think !! That is such a gorgeous hexie mini quilt. I hope the bad storm has not been hitting where you are Michelle??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just add it to the list Michelle - you've made a start, even if you can't remember when. I'm sure you will love working along with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its good you are taking care of your self, it is something that is so hard to make our selfs stay with, I know I don't do what I should. Hope you stay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so fun to sew together.... and its already started! love your little hexie quilt for Robyn... very special and your ute is coming along beautifully.... what a challenge though
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is good to finish ufo's. Lovely little hedge mini.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a sign - go ahead with Fiona & the SAL, Michelle! Amazing how we make small starts, then put something away, quite completely forgetting it! Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely a sign that you should continue - and of course doing it with a friend is even more motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely a UFO to complete - it looks like a gorgeous project although I have not seen the book. Nice work on the ute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so hard to resist new projects. It's great to remember to be kind to yourself. A walk in the bush is a great way to treat yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, it. Definitely is a UFO

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful find, a beautiful UFO that really needs to be finished. I love love your mini hexie quilt. Enjoy your UFO's.I cant do yoga, every time I think relax, I tense up. I'm better reading and listing to quiet music, enjoy your yoga and I love your ute. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOOHOO the Gardener's Journal, I have that too and haven't started it.... I must get mine out too Michelle......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.