MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Old and the New

I have been steadily working on the centre of my Brinton Hall quilt.
And I was very excited to finally get it all together and I think I like it!
Next step 154 scrappy hexies to border the centre.....a little pile is beginning. I am having trouble deciding what colour the plain borders will be around the hexie centre...decisions, decisions!
Now of course that's the  "new" and now for the "old".
Many moons ago I worked on a Robyn Pandolph design.....2 at the same time. One was for my bestie as she didn't applique and one for myself. I completed the central Angel blocks which were quite large.
My bestie decided to frame hers....which turned out beautifully!
I was always going to make a quilt from mine and made some effort towards this.  Several years ago my friend moved house and there just wasn't room for the framed applique Angel as it is huge. So my friend gifted it back to me....I was thrilled and it has resided with me ever since.
And mine? Well she has remained totally negelected in a bag which I just happened to uncover in recent days....sad! Worse still I almost threw it and the bag in the charity bin....lesson? Always check inside bags and pockets before donating items!
I actually had gotten further than I had remembered.....
Now she looks a little crumpled but her essence still shines through! Would you believe that I abandoned her with 3 flowers to go...
So tonight I am going to stitch those blooms on and consider what I have in my stash to get a border on finally. Fingers crossed.
Best get orgainised and get stitching!

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

21 comments:

  1. Oh my! Just as well you found your poor angel. So close to completion too. You must have been itching to start a new project at the time. You will finish those flowers in no time. Looking forward to see it finished. Love your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful angel... love your flowers 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful find. Not far off a finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely find. Love the framed version
    I'm sure the second one will be just as beautiful finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lucky you checked the bag.. Enjoy finishing your Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as well you looked inside that bag, your angel will be lovely when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh your Angel is just stunning Michelle ... cant believe she nearly ended up in the charity bin!! Lucky you checked the bag. Look forward to seeing her finished, she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear - imagine if you had lost your angel! Not much to go to get this completed. Will you keep her or give her to your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you didn't throw your angel out as it is so lovely. Brinton Hall is looking beautiful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning my lovely friend,i am loving those heaxies how good do they look sewn together,well done and boy the angel is gorgeous,glad you found her and can finish her Michelle,so close to a finish,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so lovely to have your angel out to be finished.... they are lovely
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm... yes when I was sorting through my 216 UFOs I found some that i had abandoned with only a small bit to do like you! I think we just get distracted, we don't mean to abandon them! One wip I may never finish are my hexies... so I am very impressed with your progress! They do look so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a close shave! She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the hexies and your angels are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hexies are doing very well and look great. Lucky with your angel...hope the plan works and she will be finished. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Brinton Hall hexie flowers look wonderful Michelle. Looking forward to seeing how you finish your angel...she had a lucky escape by the sound of it...it would have been tragic for her ending up in the charity bin...especially if the 'sorters' didn't realize what she was. 😃. She was meant to stay with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A luck rescue - you could make a pigeon pair now...one in reds and one in blues. (LOL)
    i'm sure you will be able to decide a border when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How nice you've pulled the Angel out and re-started work on her - funny how we put things aside when we are so close to finishing (lucky you double checked that bag before you got rid of it!). She will be lovely. Your Brinton Hall is looking great too...you're making steady progress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work on the hexies. The centre is looking lovely. And well done for finding your angel. It is surprising how we can leave projects to become UFOs when there is so little to do to achieve a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you have done with your angel, she looks gorgeous and you have just given me an idea! Dont think I will be as quick as you though! Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful angels. It is amazing isn't it how we put nearly finished things away and forget about them! Hope this will be a finish soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.