MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, July 29, 2016

Saying Goodbye

It's been an emotional week here as yesterday we had to say goodbye to Mr. R's Mum. She passed away last Saturday. We were sad for us but relieved for her that her pain was over. It is a strange time....tears, reflections, laughter and memories shared.
Once again we were reminded gently.....people make your life not things or achievements. So I have been with my family supporting where and when I can. Our children have been so caring towards their Dad and Grandad. It was beautiful to witness from a Mother's heart. It's been a difficult time for them all.
                                               ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Needless to say not a lot of stitching as taken place. That's the great thing about stitching it waits for you very patiently until you pick up  your needle again.
I have 2 completed Splendid Sampler blocks to show you.
Gail Pans lovely block.
As I  needle turned my little squirrel block he and the tree are rather robust looking. I also made an error with the flower stem so I embroidered it. Little bit of a messy beginning but I enjoyed it and I still think he is very sweet.
I am rather behind with my other blocks but thats ok. The gap will close when I  have time.
Blessings has been keeping me company with some easy soothing applique.
Block 7....it's growing!
It is a beautiful Queensland winters morning here today....blue skies and sunshine. A cool morning just to remind us it is supposed to be winter.
Enjoy your day folks...
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

27 comments:

  1. Good morning Michelle i am so sorry to hear about Rick's mum may she RIP,a very sad time for you all,sending you all big hugs my friend .
    Your blocks are beautiful and i love your quote its so true,take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stitching is very soothing at this sad time...hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your family's loss. We do need to stop and remember what is really important in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Michelle a death in the family is never easy, so many memories, many tears but hopefully some smiles and even laughter as you remember the fun times! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending BIG hugs... memories are very precious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sad time for you all... I'm glad you have had some peaceful stitching to quietly do during this time...
    Big Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So deeply sorry to read of Mr R's Mums passing ... my deepest condolences to you all. Take care Michelle ... your verse at the end was just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many angel healing hugs and blessings to you and your family during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your mother in law. It's a sad time, but the memories and family stories help ease the loss. A little bit of stitching also works wonders for a sad heart x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs to you all, as you say....a difficult time...sad but some relief as well....Take strength from your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you at this sad t

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you and yours Michelle..a little stitching will give you some quiet and reflecting time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My thoughts are with you and your family. Having just lost my dad last month, I can relate in a big way. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear this, Michelle......sending my condolences. Quiet stitching will help at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A difficult time for you all but lovely to have your family around you giving support. Those two SS blocks are particularly lovely specially the Gail Pan one. Lovely work. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love and prayers coming your way as you grieve your mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Condolences on the loss of her MIL and hubby's dearest Mum. This is indeed a sad time for all your family. Hugs from jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry for your loss, hon. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear about your mother in law.
    Your Splendid Sampler blocks look lovely.
    My thoughts are with you and your family!
    Hugs! Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Michelle, so sorry to hear of the passing of your mother-in-law, hoping that sharing memories with a bit of laughter, eases the loss. Thinking of you and your family.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you and your family Michelle at this very sad time. Sewing can be a good outlet to keep the mind busy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to read your news, Michelle. What a sad time for all. I am pleased that you still have many special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sincere condolences to you and Mr R, always a sad time to lose a parent xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very sad to hear of your loss. Condolences to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sending much love to MrR & you too Michelle... indeed to the whole family xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.