MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Super Saturday

Yesterday I was asked to join some lovely blogging friends at the Full Moon Hotel Sandgate.
The meeting was to meet Holly from Nimble Thimble-Stitchery Do all the way from Canada. Holly is so delightful and has been enjoying her trip down under.
It was such a fun get together....I was keeping a little secret under my hat.....Chooky from Chookyblue was coming to. I was so excited to meet her after all this time. Almost had to sew my lips together to stop from spilling the beans.....the next big surprise was Lynette Anderson.....I have always loved Lynette's work and one of my favourite quilts is one of Lynette's designs.... thrilled is a word that comes to mind....and they bought gifties! How lucky were we.
Chooky's lovely cards and Lynette's newest fabric range in a sweet charm pack.
.
 Never ever thought that I would be discussing one of "MY" quilts or projects with Lynette Anderson. Took about surrreal! Lynette was so lovely and encourging about my book too.....still smiling!
I was under strict instructions to bring extra books and my quilt from the book...so I happily obliged.
Lots of lovely people wanted me to sign their copies....felt like a bit of a celeb. LOL!
We were a very jolly bunch....
Huge thanks to Susan from Susan's Sewing Space for organising it. Thanks so much to Teresa from All Things Vintage for the photos....some silly person left her camera on the table at home.
And thanks so much for asking me, I had a wonderful time.
Ok back to reality....I think some quiet soothing hand quilting is in order to restore balance.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

27 comments:

  1. Fabulous day. It was so lovely to see you. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful day! You do look like a celeb signing away there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gathering......looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a celeb Michelle. You achieve beautiful, enviable work. Very much to be admired. I too like Lynette Anderson products, what a thrill to meet her. It looked like a great gathering. Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is gorgeous, Michelle! So disappointed that I had to miss this get together :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful quilt Michelle, it looks like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how wonderful Michelle,
    looks like you all enjoyed yourselves. An impromptu book signing was well received by the looks of it. You definitely are a celeb...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like great fun - glad you enjoyed the celeb bit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so very happy at lunch, I think you're definitely a stitching celebrity now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Michelle I am so excited for you,I feel like jumping up and down,Thankyou for sharing your lovely night,one that you will remember for a long time ,sending big hugs my lovely friend , I am so proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love that photo of you signing your book, Michelle. It must be such a thrill for you - and well-deserved too. It looks and sounds like a great day - nothing beat meeting online or blog friends in real life :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! I told you you're star. Looks lik you had a fun day. Lynette is lovely, have you been to her shop? It's heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a day you had! You are definitely a celebrity, and it is marvellous that you got to share the day with so many wonderful gals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow -what a fabulous day! And all those lucky people got to see your quilt, and buy your book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hob Nobbing with the famous ! How lovely , and yes you are a celeb...just you wait - its going to get crazier from here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so glad you were able to make it and the timing was all so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. just lovely to have all that fun....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an exciting group of people, love your post. This was great fun.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like lots of fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what an amazing day Michelle. What do you mean - you are a celeb. Great to meet Chooky, Holly and Lynette. Great photo of your beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  23. Book Launch Party!!! How fun for you all...

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic day Michelle! Congratulations on your book...how cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.