MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, July 10, 2015

A Little Road Trip

Yesterday I took my lovely Kiwi friend Raewyn who is over here on holiday from Love to Stitch up the mountain to Highfields outside Toowoomba for a visit with Fiona from BubzRugz.
After a very nice coffee reviver and get to know you chats we had a delightful wander around The Quilter's Angel. We had a special little tour to see where Fiona has those special cakes and stitching on some Friday nights.

The fire was going and we were surrounded by all manner of gorgeousness....such a lovely place. I had bought a list and was very chuffed to have crossed everything off....can't show you though...sorry! However just when I thought I was home and free, you know...thinking of others and all that... some beautiful Christmas themed French General fatties fell into my bag.....restrained is what I was!!! Only 2! Why oh why do they keep bringing out more gorgeous fabric??? I cannot resist!
Murmurs of "I don't need anything and I am just looking" were soon forgot by all three once inside.
Fiona then took us down the highway a little to the Danish Flower Shop for a very nice relaxed lunch with Kris from Tag-a-long Teddies. Most of you will know Kris from OPAM. Kris is such a fun date and much fun and laughter took place....and all manner of other naughtiness!
We were visited by this very handsome gentleman. He came to see what all the ruckus was about.
We were also visited by several beautiful fairy wrens pursuing a very pretty girlfriend...alas they were too quick for my old camera....I have borrowed a piccie from google for those of you were don't know what they are...my overseas friends I mean. They are so tiny and I just love watching them.
We sat in the warm sunshine to have our lunch and there were even some lovely roses out in bloom.
A lovely, lovely day.....just what I needed. Such great company too. Thank you girls.

Turn away footy haters now!!! I just had to say....
Our mighty Maroons defeated NSW on Wednesday night by a small margin hehehe!
Just for posterity mind!
Pleased as punch in our household!
I wish you all a lovely weekend,
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

32 comments:

  1. Quite the little party you ladies had! I really think I need to move to Australia or New Zealand. You seem to have all the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very lovely outing Michelle, love all the photos. Thoroughly enjoyed the game on Wednesday night, the Mighty MAROONS played brilliantly, the game was over much too soon, it was so thrilling to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle so glad all you girls had the opportunity to catch up and what a lovely group,i could see so much fun with you ladies,lol,such lovely pics Michelle,and sorry dont follow rugby,lol but i am glad your team won,lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely day out...what an excuse to go shopping!!!
    Stopped reading after the rose picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous, I bet you did lots of laughing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post Michelle, great pics of a very happy group. Plus sunshine and Roses, how lucky you are, both lacking in dear old Melbourne at the moment.
    Cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day out.Now I have an excuse to visit QLD I may get to some of these shops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Michelle,

    Great to see you all out and about in places that entice you to shop! Love the photo of the Rooster. I did hear that one team lost by a lot.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how wonderful your girls got to meet up..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely outing catching up with some bloggy friends Michelle - how wonderful. That Raewyn has been popping over the ditch a fair bit lately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful!!! Bet you still have a smile on your face my friend... & some great memories added as well.
    I picked up 2 mags a few days ago... and guess who was in it ...and more than once! Yes you! WooHoo... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely time out Michelle with great gals! You have a wonderful weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a Wonderful day Michele. Full of laughter and friendship I am sure. It is great that our friend Raewyn was able to fit in a catch up with you. I have been to the Quilters Angel and I know Raewyn would have loved the shop as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab day you had, love the photos. You always have something in the works that you have to hide from us. Wondering what it is....maybe a new pattern. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Michelle,
    your post was so nice to read. Lovely day, what a joy.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely girls day out - time I went back to Highfield too, always a nice place to go. Loving the bird life, too, and that French General Joyeux Noel is Divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. what great company!
    was that rooster checking out you chooks?
    well done to your beloved maroons.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous day you all had!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun post! I'm sew envious! I want to meet you all, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun. Love the little wren. I can see a lovely drawing coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a wonderful day Michelle. It's not fair they keep bringing out this yummy fabric to tempt us

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely to be able to catch up with each other. I keep track of Raewyn's travels and wondered if you were seeing each other. Looks like a lovely time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely post Michelle, it was a gorgeous day with great company - such a wonderful spot for relaxing and shopping! Looking forward to another date another time. Thanks for everything.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sew wonderful to have had such a fabulous day out with the ladies... Oh you do love your FG fabrics, you did well only buying 2FQs..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely fun day out for you all. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely post to read Michelle. how wonderful to catch up with Raewyn again...looks like you all had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely day out - it's always such a treat to meet blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your road trip look like da bomb Michelle. Great company always makes a day whizz by , and enables fabulous memories to be created to be treasured afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Michelle! Thanks for bringing Raewyn up the 'hill' to play with Fabulous Fiona and me. Fun to catch up and chat ... definitely the need to schedule a repeat visit! :0) Have a great week! Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely opportunity to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was such a lovely day....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.