MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, May 7, 2015

All Sorts

I am starting to feel a lot better...thank goodness! I sound a lot worse than I really am now. Still only a little stitching going on plus a little hexie here and there.
A few purchases have been made for a couple of  upcoming projects...some completely out of my comfort zone and some right smack in the centre... gee I wonder which is which???
Fun times ahead......choosing and deciding  what they will become!

My coloured pencils are still getting a good  work out... a cheeky little kookaburra that we met up at Carnarvon Gorge who was very interested in Gary's lunch.
and who knew these little Cooktown Orchids would take me sooo long! I was pleased with my efforts on both as I was flying solo and did them at home.
Our pesky little possum tenant is my current work in progress in class.....lots and lots of layers!
Now on a completely different tack...
It is very nice sometimes when your children show who they are....raising kids is a hard gig and anyone who says differently is fibbing. We are a very normal family with high and low points but I am proud of the people my children have become and both have made me extremely proud recently following their passions which in turn help others....
My Son rode 82.40kms the longest ride he has done so far to raise money for Diabetes which effects our family. In June he is being sponsored in a ride to raise money for MS. 100 kms I think that ride is!
The Grandies were there to cheer him over the line at Mt Cootha which is a very steep climb I might add and was not easy going. Great job!
My Daughter and a couple of dedicated colleagues raised money and awareness for Autism at the school where she teaches  by having a special GO BLUE day with a great raffle and very delicious "blue" cupcakes...no mean feat when the interest in the subject was less than inspiring! But they pushed on despite this and had a successful day!
So well done people!
That's it from me today. I am sure I can smell coffee. I hope you are enjoying your day.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

24 comments:

  1. Cute hexies. Love the fabrics, cant wait to see what you make with them. Your drawings are gorgeous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely drawings and hexies! It sounds like you have raised caring passionate people Michelle, well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle glad you are feeling better my friend and I love your hexies and those new fabrics are gorgeous,can't wait to see what you make with them. well done to your boy and girl you have a very caring and lovely family there Michelle,Namaste xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, it obviously hasn't affected your artistic skills! It is also lovely to hear a parent being so proud of their adult children.........the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of those bugs just hang on and on, don't they? Well done to your children.....even though they are adults with their own families, they are still your children! I love your paintings, they are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are better. Your children have done a great effort for the fund raising. Your drawings and paintings are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having a beautiful day too. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Everything here is beautiful especially the dear little hexie flowers and your gorgeous drawing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear you are slowly feeling better...the hexies are lovely as are your drawings...love the kooka!!! You have obviously raised wonderful children...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree I am told!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to know that your health is improving, keep it up. Love your hexi flowers, very sweet. Your drawings are amazing. Proud mum you are and should be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Michelle. Fingers crossed that you are back to your good self asap.
    Children usually make us proud so go ahead and brag a little! You've earned it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pleased you are on the mend.....love your kookaburra picture it's spectacular. What fine caring children you have raised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your drawings are just so beautiful Michelle. And your hexies are so very pretty. Glad you are on the mend. Well done to your two very inspiring children

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe I know which ones are the non-Michelle fabrics!

    Well done to your son - it's wonderful that he's using his abilities to give support & awareness to those who need some extra care in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that bird. You are so talented...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle, you're drawings are so beautiful! And your children sound amazing. You must have raised them right!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you're slowly getting back into the saddle design and creativity wise. Love that fabulous kooka drawing. You have mad skills ! And your hexies are an utter delight to my eyes.


    Im sure its absolutely wonderful to see your grown up kids paying it forward to others . You did a great job of instilling them with compassion and the ability to think about how things are for others. You rock Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Michelle,

    A lovely post,fund raising and helping out makes for a great community,well done to all your family
    Your art continues to amaze me.

    Happy days.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. so glad you are feeling better... those fabrics look fun to play with and I do love your artwork... kooka's as you know my favourite but i love the delicate flowers and leaves too... well done to your children... both doing wonderful community work...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes its marvelous when you kids make you so proud. You have done an amazing job on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your hexies and your bright fabrics. Now what are you going to make with those I wonder ? Your drawings are so good Michelle. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  21. so good to hear you are on the mend!
    loving your hexies and those new fabrics are so pretty.
    more gorgeous artwork, so stunning!
    I agree with you raising children is hard work and it is rewarding to take pride in their personal achievements.
    well done to your Son and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to hear you are making progress with your health. Take care and keep playing with your stitching and drawing.
    Fund raisin is often a thankless task so well done to your family for their wonderful efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your work and the kookaburra is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the kookaburra and the hexies...........congrats to your son...huge effort...........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.