MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bits and Bobs and Show and Tell

Good morning all. I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We are having a quiet weekend and I have been very diligent and working on my French Garden Dredsen Plate quilt. I am trying so hard not to get distracted and have so far appliqued all my birdies in place and after deciding they would need some sustenance in this garden I have been madly appliquing little berries for them..
It is a bit tricky when you are doing the creating and have no one to ask or a pattern to follow (or someone to blame lol) but I think it is going to work our ok. Anyway I never could colour inside the lines!
Speaking of colouring. I loved the thought of just a pop of colour in a graphite drawing I was doing. I have loved it when I have seen it in black and white photos where they have a little something in colour.....maybe it will work in my drawing too!  So with beautiful little Marigold as my model I set to having a good old play with my new coloured pencils and ooohh they were just gorgeous! I think Marigold is quite pleased with what we achieved.
 She is going to be a gift for a friend.
I have lots of  show and tell from stitching group last week. Last year the girls had a little stitch-a-long and stitched my "C" is for "Christmas" pattern.
Mary finished hers and it is just beautiful...love it!
Robyn P. was very chuffed to have the binding on a very old UFO.....just how old? A secret! What's shared at group stays at group...no spilling the beans here Rob! *wink*
This year as you know the girls are stitching my "Country at Heart" Alphabet for their stitch-a-long and progress is being made.
Robyn P. has made a great start on "A"
Jan is up to "B" with "A & C" all stitched up...a girl after my own heart. Who says you have to stitch them in order...not me!
Monica is chasing me and is up to "E"  lol! Monica does the most beautiful teeny tiny stitches.
So is my other friend Lorel from my daytime friends group...motoring along I mean with her blocks. I will get some piccies of hers next time. Great work girls! Love all these girls, they are so much fun. Diane opted for stitching my Baby Alphabet as she has a need to so piccies there later too. Looking very nice.
Sandra from my Wednesday day group has made a beautiful quilt from a panel for her niece her married recently in Hawaii. Sandra is beautifully hand quilting it and the backing was bought in Hawaii while she was there for the nuptials.
Isn't it gorgeous!
Well I think I have caught you all up with my doings and show and tell. Thanks everyone for letting me share your work xx

Remember to put some "heart" in your day.
Namaste and Blessings,
Michelle xxx

23 comments:

  1. I love the Dresden plate it is so beautiful... The others are wonderful but the Dresden is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birds and berries. Your Dresden plate quilt is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little birds and berries! They will not go hungry now! Lots of lovely stitcheries from your alphabet! The Hawaiian quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, so much loveliness in this post :-) Your french garden dresden plate quilt almost made my heart stop !!! Soo beautiful. And as for Marigold, she is just gorgeous. Have a wonderful week Michelle, keep creating your beautiful work x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you know I love your Dresden quilt, looks so pretty!! Your bear with the lovely yellow daisy head band is delightful. So many lovely show and tells, just goes to show people love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the additional bits on your quilt... it is really coming to life... so pretty.... Marigold is very sweet... I do like black/white with a splash of colour.... and it's always lovely to see how people have made up your patterns...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your appliqueing Michelle it is so perfect.
    gorgeous bear with her pretty floral crown.
    looks like your group are going great guns with your alphabet..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely post Michelle. I LOVE your applique project (still) - what great progress you seem to be making. Your sketching is beautiful, too. I think the splash of colour is great. Nice to see the stitching by the others too. My Country at Heart has had to go on the back burner but hope to get back to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle your Dresden garden quilt is just so beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished. Your talent is just amazing - your beautiful drawing is gorgeous and love that touch of color

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle your quilt is coming along beautifully,well done,and Thankyou for sharing your show and tell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be so rewarding seeing YOUR designs stitched by friends. Well after all...they're gorgeous! Love Marigold too...she's a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again, your vision and creativity astound me. I am so looking forward to seeing your Dresden quilt in its entirety. I love the little birdies especially. Everyone's stitcheries are coming right along. Marigold looks lovely! My camera can be set up to take pictures like your beautiful drawing, and it's so much fun to play with. Have a funderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. French Garden Dresden is coming along beautifully......and Marigold is very sweet! Your group has been busy, they have certainly put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is coming along nicely, Michelle. I love your little bear. She is very cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. French Garden Dresden is looking beautiful. Love those birdies. Love the bear, she is so beary cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great progress on your gorgeous quilt. I do like all the little details.
    And thank you for sharing the show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots and lots of gorgeous projects to be seen. Love the idea of having food for the little birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful berries(so round!) Who says you have to colour in the lines and marigold looks beautiful. Some great stitching going on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your birdies and berries. Glad I'm not the only one who used to add things to the colouring pages. Wish I had your talent though. Love the colourful garland on the little bear's head.Some beautiful show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely work. I want to ask, do you turn you edges under when you applique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your is gorgeous. Your berries are just perfect. I so love seeing your drawings. Thank you for sharing your show and tell, so much fun.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your French garden Dresden plate quilt and Marigold is gorgeous.Enjoyed your show and tell. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely the birds will have something to munch on :) Loving the evolution of this quilt :) Marigold is lovely, and the touch of colour is a wonderful feature :) Wonderful show and tell :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.